Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Primary Schools

for our english speaking user.

Primary Schools

Postby Jaqx » Mon Oct 30, 2006 0:15

I am visiting Mauritius for November part holiday/part research

I am a visual artist based in London

An important aspect of my work involves project based activities that have a social context and therefore usually includes some form of educational input

I work with a wide range of client groups from children, students, refugees,teachers, professionals etc, in a variety of settings eg. Schools, galleries, Universitys, Community centres etc.

I have a particular interest in 'Visual literacy'.
By ‘literacy’ I mean the ability to read visual images, record this visual experience and then to explore, translate these images in order to create further images.

Aside from the other groups I have concentrated on working with Primary school, both children and teachers and I would like to have the opprtunity to visit a School and observe teaching practice. So if anybody knows a headteacher or teacher that might be interested. Please forward my contact details, I can forward a CV statement of practice etc, I would also be wiling to do a workshop for either teachers or the children - free of course.

I know I could go through the official channels, but we all know how long that would take.

This link might be useful:

ps Please see my other post 'weeds'

encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby Sybille Guness » Mon Oct 30, 2006 23:08

There is an english medium primary school in the North called IPS. The head of school is called Mrs Ida Coombes Email:

or in the centre/Moka: Clavis Primary English Medium School Email:, the headmaster is called Mr Hammer (not sure the spelling is correct!)

Good luck!
Sybille Guness
encor Basic
encor Basic

Return to Mauritius Forum English