Mauritius English Home

le Preskil

for our english speaking user.

le Preskil

Beitragvon secdogs » Mo Mär 24, 2008 13:58

Hi
I am new
I live in South Africa
Can anyone tell me about Le Preskil - there are some post on the German Forum, but I cant seem to get the translation to work.
Whats it like ?
What is there to do around the hotel
Is it a busy "transit" hotel for the airport - one nighters?
Noise from airport?

regards
Annette

secdogs
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Le Preskil

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Mär 24, 2008 16:29

Hello Annette,

Although it's already twelve years ago that I stayed in this hotel - when it was still known as 'La Croix du Sud' I can give you some information (regarding the hotel mostly taken from the reports you already spotted in the German part of the forum).

Almost everyone spending holidays there over the last months had been satisfied. Of course I cannot tell you anything about the rooms nor the food but the hotel is beautifully situated between Mahebourg and Blue Bay - one of the attractions.

The hotel offers all kinds of watersports including excursions by boat , and the lagoon at the hotel is more than beautiful. Just opposite the hotel beach is a small island 'Ile aux Aigrettes' which is a nature reservoir. Over there some young scientist try to re-cultivate plants that were almost extinct as well as the 'pink pigeon' and 'le kestrel' a small prey bird. I'm sure at the reception of the hotel you can arrange visits to the island.

Walking to Mahebourg is about 20 minutes, however there's also a bus connection between Mahebourg and Blue Bay. In Mahebourg a local fair 'la foire' takes place every Monday where you can buy clothes, souvenirs and whatever you think of.

Although the hotel is close to the airport the noise level is not to high. We live about 500 m from Le Preskil and it's okay. You only hear the starting planes and as SSR airport is not Heathrow (thanks god!) it's bearable. I don't think Le Preskil is a 'one-nighter' hotel but I can ask some friends of mine who work over there if it would be more convenient for you to get it confirmed.

Hope this helps for the beginning!

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

le Preskil

Beitragvon secdogs » Mo Mär 24, 2008 20:10

hi Mme. Tortue

thanks for that information
The Monday fair sounds interesting,

regards
Annette
secdogs
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Mo Mär 24, 2008 22:11

Hi Annette,

MmeTortue is right in what she's saying (as usual). Just wanted to clarify that she meant Ile aux Aigrettes is a "natural reserve" on an island instead of "natural reservoir". It's got a fantastic fauna and flora....and even a website!!!!

http://www.ile-aux-aigrettes.com/

Regards

udester
ud

le Preskil

Beitragvon secdogs » Di Mär 25, 2008 2:01

hi udester
Thanks for the website, I didnt know about this fabulous island so close, restoring the fauna and flora. I supose when we get to the hotel, we will find where to get the ferry.
Regards
Annette
secdogs
nouvo
nouvo

@ud

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Di Mär 25, 2008 8:07

Hello Udester,

Thanks for the virtual 'flowers' :wink) You are correct, what I meant is 'natural reservoir'. I seems my fingers were quicker than my brain. :O)

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 25, 2008 15:27

Haha you've done it again!!!!
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English