Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

parboiled rice

for our english speaking user.

Re: @nypy

Beitragvon nypy » Mi Jan 16, 2008 2:59

MmeTortue hat geschrieben:Hello nypy!

Sorry but I have to disappoint you: I'm not opening a restaurant but just get kitchen cabinets - finally - after living and cooking out of boxes and other non suitable furniture for more than a year.

Thanks for the yummie sounding recipe. While reading it twice I already felt how I received 500 gramm body fat on each side of my hips... If you should ever make your way to Mahebourg let me know and we'll have a potatoe orgy...

Mme. Tortue

lool :bier) let's drink to that.

btw , i am coming to mauritius in 3 weeks, so beware, what you write here

nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon nypy » Mi Jan 16, 2008 3:01

ud hat geschrieben:Man!!! I give up...

I'm totally confused now with parboiled rice and potato orgy
:Q :Q :Q

forget the rize, potato is cool :wink)
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon tuggyb » So Jan 27, 2008 18:48

mme tortue,

Would you be so kind as to share your potoate mousse recipe? Thanks in advance. :cool:
tuggyb
nouvo
nouvo

Hello tuggyby

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Jan 28, 2008 11:00

There's not much to share... when you buy potatoes ask for those that do not stay like stones - even when cooked - but get a bit soft. Peel, cut and cook them in boiling salted water and apply a tiny, sharp knife to test when they are soft enough to be beaten into a mousse.

Remove the water from the pot and wait until they get a bit colder. Then start putting in milk (I always use the one that contains reduced fat - and you will see later why...) portion by portion while stirring until you've received a smooth mousse. Be careful: if the potatoes are still to hot the milk might coagulate.

Put in Salt, freshly grinded pepper (I always use white pepper), freshly grinded muscat (is has to be freshly grinded - makes a big difference) and some pieces of butter - enjoy the view how it slowly melts in the potatoes - almost sensitive... and there comes the bomb shell: wash, cut and remove the tiny seeds from as many piment pieces as you can bear, and cut them in small pieces. Put them in the mousse and enjoy!

For those who like things a bit less hot: don't put in piment but chose your favorite herb: persil or fresh sage or rosmarin etc...

Bon appetit

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon tuggyb » Mo Jan 28, 2008 12:15

thanks so much, think I'll try it tonight! What's the weather like, we'll be there on the 8th and can't wait. :-?
tuggyb
nouvo
nouvo

The weather

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Jan 28, 2008 14:04

Hello tuggyb,

Avec plaisir! The weather is hot and humid at the moment, and I just learned that there's a cyclon called 'Gula' NE of Mauritius moving in a southerly direction at 10km/hours.

It should have been gone until you arrive in February, so don't worry and enjoy your potato salad tonight!

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Vorherige

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English