Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Oil and Gas Exploration around Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Oil and Gas Exploration around Mauritius

Beitragvon ud » Mi Feb 13, 2008 21:15

There is currently oil and gas exploration being carried on by some Indian companies like Essar.

Link
It would be such a fantastic thing if India and the Mauritian government achieved something!!!

Not only would this completely revolutionise our Industry but would also cut our dependance on Oil and Gas product imports.

This is an old article but however, the results from the Exploration should be obtained later this year or beginning of next year so fingers crossed....

Link

Hindu Times

Madagascar already has reserves so since we're an african country why not??

Madagascar Oil reserves

I'm surprised that the government hasn't mentioned at all that our country's offshore blocks have already been marked and categorised and even sold!!!! This is ludicrous!

udester

ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon stefan » Mi Feb 13, 2008 21:22

i would prefer ud, that mauritius looks forward, to exploit new things, then to build on something what is not the future. and natural resources make people in a country never more happy= it turns a country down.
stefan

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon ud » Mi Feb 13, 2008 21:28

I know where you're coming from Stefan if you look at what's happening in Iraq and Nigeria but Mauritius is different. It's kind of protected from that barbarism and religious fanaticism!

We really need something that will keep the moral of our troops high!!!

I might be a little biassed by saying this as I'm working in this sector :p

I've done a little bit of research and I've posted the links above. If you read through you'll confirm one of the points that i've discussed. The government is hiding things - like already renting out and selling territorial blocks!!!
ud

Beitragvon stefan » Mi Feb 13, 2008 22:16

ud, regardless if oil will be found or not.
i believe, in the long time future for the island, that this want help.
and thats my point of view. why to dig or build/invest on something, what we already know, want be the future?
stefan

Beitragvon ud » Do Feb 14, 2008 2:23

stefan hat geschrieben:why to dig or build/invest on something, what we already know, want be the future?

Why did we carry on with sugarcane plantation then? we didn't know that we would lose the quota with the European Union and have sugarcane factories to shut down and we're eager for the IT sector and tourism sector to take over? Did we know that sugarcane was not the future?

Oil and Gas is not the future but it's enough to revolutionalise our industry and make our economy stronger. This world is a place where countries struggle to compete with each other. This is the reality.

Oil and Gas is not the picture that you have in mind Stefan. It's not something that's gonna stop. It's still got 100 years.....atleast!
ud

Beitragvon stefan » So Feb 17, 2008 23:09

hi ud, sorry for my late reply.
i think we could speak for hours :p
why been invested for sugarcane, because it been a product where there been a high demand. it sector, been for me a failure, they implemented something where is no real resource on people do serve the it sector. touristic is booming and the goal of the government clear. you did not mention the textile sector, what stills play a big rule here and to my believe will be still for some time.

to the oil and gas sector, sure it would bring money in to the government, but at the end i do not believe if this would help the future generation to have a better island. my believe is, that governments should watch other country to understand they failure not do do the same errors. simple as that.

and 100 years of oil, man, we all will go down, the climate want be able to do anything about all this oil what is blown out here and there, just thing about the plastic bag pollution. today we still do not know what impact it will have...plastic is or any oil product is sh..it. sorry for that.
regards
stefan
stefan

Beitragvon ud » Mo Feb 18, 2008 5:13

Just wait and see....I'm already part of the project!!!
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English