Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Ocean Island tours?

for our english speaking user.

Ocean Island tours?

Beitragvon cytrav2000 » Fr Jan 13, 2006 1:35

I booked 3 nights for La Pirogue and Le Pavillion through Ocean Island Tours (www.maurice-seychelles.com). Is this tour operator trustful?

cytrav2000
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Ocean Island

Beitragvon stone_rose » Fr Jan 13, 2006 13:49

It looks like they are based in the UK. They are no signs that they registered with Abta & Atol which is the British seal of approval to be a travel agent. To be sure, it's best to ring them up and ask for their Abta & Atol reference numbers.

Good luck
stone_rose
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 48

HELP

Beitragvon cytrav2000 » Fr Jan 13, 2006 23:22

Now I am beggining to be worried. Please someone tell me that had booked through that travel agent and everything went well.
cytrav2000
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Yan&JL » Fr Feb 10, 2006 19:49

Did you learn anything new with Ocean Island Tour?
I found only 1 good review over the net from a previous customer, but no bad review.
Yan&JL
nouvo
nouvo

Good news

Beitragvon cytrav2000 » Fr Feb 10, 2006 23:22

My reservation with this Ocean Island Tours is OK.
I asked for a confirmation from the hotels and they gave it.
Now I'm know I can trust them.
cytrav2000
nouvo
nouvo

Thanks

Beitragvon Yan&JL » Fr Feb 10, 2006 23:27

Thank you
Yan&JL
nouvo
nouvo

Ocean Island Tours (mauritius-seychelles)

Beitragvon chipirrina » Mo Mär 05, 2007 15:01

I booked 7 nigths with them at The Residence. I did it because it was the lowest fare I found, but I am a bit concerned.

I payed them 30% of the price at the time of booking. I did call the hotel to know if there is a reservation under my name and they said so.

But I had some problems and thought I could have to cancell my trip and sent them 2 emails asking for information about cancellation expenses. They never answered me. Also in their web site there is a mention on the phone number that you have to call between 2 and 4 pm (which is kind of weird) What kind of bussiness only picks up the phone 2 hours a day?

I called and there was an answering machine message saying "this is an answering machine. Please call back later" It does not sound very good. : :-?

Now I have to pay the rest of my trip and I think it could be better to loose 30% than 100%.

Any of you has made a reservation with them and finally go to the hotel and found everything in order?

Thanks for your help.
chipirrina
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 06, 2007 1:11

Most rules and conditions that apply on cancellations of bookings are the ones written in the smallest characters. :mad:

People must make sure that they know those rules first before as there is always a minimum cancellation fee to pay. It should be one of the first questions on the list when asking about a deal you saw being advertised and doing a reservation. :pp)

@chipirrina

cytrav2000 just confirmed that everything is OK until now. Just wish he goes before you and then gives his feedback. Let's hope more people see this post and help you.

stone_rose is right. The company is only an ATTA member.....which doesn't really say anything about it isn't it? :roll:

Keep us informed

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Ocean island tours

Beitragvon johno2004 » Di Apr 03, 2007 11:36

Hi,

We have just booked a 2 week holiday to the Heritage Golf and Spa Resort in Mauritius with Ocean Island Tours and paid full amount.

After your comments, like you became worried so i contacted the Hotel direct and all is in order, booking, type of room, etc.

When i booked with them they were very profesional and we was pleased with there service but as they were not abta bonded I booked on my credit card so if it all went wrong i could claim the full amount back from my card insurance, they do not charge the normal 2% credit card charges.

Hope this puts your mind at rest so you can look forward to your holiday.

PS Does anyone know what weather will be like in May as we have heard all sorts of reports. will we get lots of Sun and will it be warm at night.

Your comments will be apreciated.

Regards
johno2004
johno2004
encor Basic
encor Basic

Re: Ocean island tours

Beitragvon Ken » Di Apr 03, 2007 13:03

johno2004 hat geschrieben:PS Does anyone know what weather will be like in May as we have heard all sorts of reports. will we get lots of Sun and will it be warm at night.

That's pretty normal you've heard all sorts of reports regarding the weather, it's isn't really a constant. What I can tell you, last year's April, May and June were beautiful months: +30°, lots of sunshine and little wind, you might get a day or 2 of rain but it can be blue skies for weeks to, so no way to tell. The nights are ok, you could sleep on the beach ;)
Ken
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 3

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English