Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Ocean Island tours?

for our english speaking user.

Beitragvon ud » Di Apr 03, 2007 13:04

johno2004,

Weather in May??

That's winter and that means no cyclone!

The weather should be alright and not as cold as here in England.

You could expect plenty of sunshine and a couple of days rainfall (maximum 3) but its not torrential.

Well that's what I would think it would be but since weather is unpredictable....I might be wrong!

Don't worry! Chill!

regards

ud

ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Weather

Beitragvon johno2004 » Di Apr 03, 2007 19:49

Thanks for your comments :ploppop
johno2004
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Stony » Di Apr 03, 2007 23:35

ud hat geschrieben:
Don't worry! Chill!

... if not freeze :mrgreen: -- bring a sweater, just in case for the evenings.

Cheers
Stony
Don't Drink and Navigate! &
Skype don't type ;-)
Also - wenn Sie DAS Lesen können brauchen Sie keine Brille .......
Stony

Bilder: 27

Beitragvon chipirrina » Mi Apr 11, 2007 20:56

Just to let you know that I finally went to Mauritius and everything was in order. In that sense they are reliable.

But I did have some troubles with them:

Apparently when you make the reservation they block whichever amount of money you have to pay in your credit card. When you indeed pay them they supposedly take off the amount blocked.

That work fine with my first payment. But when I had to make the final payment (1.800 euros) I found out that even after I paid they did not unblock the 1.800 euros, so I went to a store and found out I could not use my credit card. I called the bank and they said that I had overexceeded my credit limit because of the 1.800 paid and the 1.800 blocked. They said it had to be Ocean Island unblocking it.

I phoned them and said they will look into it and would contact me back. Never again. I phoned them a lot of times but I only got an answering machine. In the end the bank unblocked it but only after I threaten them with taking them to court as I had not given authorisation to block any amount.

Also I sent them an email a long time ago asking them for cancellation charges (as they were not shown in their site) and they never answered me, even though I resent the message several times.

After that I tried to contact them again for the last two days before going to Mauritius to remind them that they had to pick us up at the airport at two different times: again for 2 days all I got was the answering machine. In your voucher they give you another phone number in Switzerland and there also all I could get was the answering machine.

In the end I called the contacted in Mauritius that appeared in the voucher and they indeed were really nice and competent.

In Mauritius we had no problem at all. They worked with an agent named Solis Travel and they were very professional and serious.

So, in all: it is not a scam, you do get your hotel, their prices are quite good, but if you have some problem or incidence they don't work well at all.
chipirrina
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Do Apr 12, 2007 0:52

Excuse me chipirrina,

But could you tell me who do you refer to by mentioning "them"?

I'm kind of struggling to understand who are the culprits and who are the ones you favoured!

Let me know

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

udester(eating the last of the Easter eggs)
ud

Beitragvon chipirrina » Mo Apr 16, 2007 22:03

Sorry I mixed things up! the ones that did all the bad staff were the people of Ocean Island Tours (they did not solve the credit card issue, never picked up the phone except once...)

The people in Mauritius were "the good ones": it is Solis Travel.

Once you arrive in Mauritius that is the people you deal with, and they were actually the ones I had to contact when no one in Ocean Island Tours would pick up the phone to confirm there would be someone picking us up at the airport.

So: until you get to Mauritius you deal with Ocean Island (bad, but it is not a fraud or anything like that), once in Mauritius you deal with Solis (good). I guess they have some form of agreement.

When Ocean Island sends you your voucher they provide you a phone number in Mauritius (that is the one of Solis) and actually that is the only one that actually worked.

This is Solis web site: www.solis-io.com.

Sorry about my missexplanations (English is not my language). Any more information, just ask.

I did not answer before because this site was suppose to notify me when a reply was posted and it never did.
chipirrina
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Mo Apr 16, 2007 22:04

No your English is better than mine :p

Thanks for clearing the ambiguities!

udester
ud

Ocean island tours

Beitragvon avalinette » Di Sep 11, 2007 13:54

Hello,

It's been the third time I go to Mauritius, the first time it was at The Merville Hotel, the second Beau Rivage and the last one the Heritage..my favourite by the way.. I booked each time with Ocean island tours, they were very helpful in their advices and recommendations. I would definitively recommend them. They have a very efficient team in Mauritius, which can organise all sorts of visits and excursions.
Hope this will help!!

bye
Ava
avalinette
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon fransk » Mo Feb 11, 2008 23:48

Be careful with Ocean Island Tours (mauritius-seychelles.com).

I have been trying to get them on the phone, always ending up on an answering machine. Nobody calls you back, nor do they answer emails.

They were quick to debit my card, even though they were not able to book the hotel I had reserved.

What kind of travel agent refuses any contact with you once they got your money?
fransk
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Vorherige

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English