Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Obtaining visa of MRU sitezen from the Embassy not in MRU

for our english speaking user.

Obtaining visa of MRU sitezen from the Embassy not in MRU

Beitragvon Devora » Mo Sep 15, 2008 14:51

Hello everyone!

I would be vety thankful if someone know and wish to share what is the way a native of Mauritius to obtain visa from an Embassy that is not located in Mauritius ? For example, there is no Canadian Embassy in Mauritius. How the natives apply and are granted with visa for Canada ? Should they apply online, through Mauritian officials or they should go to the first closest Canadian Embassy ? Thanks in advance!

Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Bilder: 3

Info Mauritius Annonce

Visa for Canada

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Sep 15, 2008 16:23

Hello Devora,

the next Canadian Embassy which is also responsible for Mauritius is based in Nairobi, Kenya.

In Mauritius there's a consulate:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/nairobi/ma ... ice-en.asp

This link also leads you to the Embassy in Nairobi. I already helped some members of my Mauritian family to get visas for travelling to Canada hence I knew about this.

Best wishes,

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Devora » Di Sep 16, 2008 9:10

Thank you very much! I gave Canada just as example. Mostly my request was about the procedure of obtaining visa when there is no Embassy located in Mauritius. How it is ?
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

@devora

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Di Sep 16, 2008 11:17

Hello again,

You really have to find out where the next Embassy of the country you would like to go to is based, either in Mauritius or if not, which Embassy in which country is responsible for Mauritius (like the example I gave for Canada).

Exception are all those European countries that signed the so called 'Schengener Abkommen'. For these countries the French Embassy in Port Louis is the first point to contact:

http://www.ambafrance-mu.org/

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon Devora » Di Sep 16, 2008 12:36

Mme. Tortue,
Thanks a lot for the abequate info! Thanks for the link, I will forward to the Mauritian's friends as they understand French. I do not speak it. But from my short stay in France once and from what I see in this web page \there is no translation in ENG\ I have an impretion that French people expects all others to understand their language.... :-? Which is strange as English is the international language... :-)
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon vytenius » Mi Okt 15, 2008 11:01

hi english is not the international language , but an international language, quite many people in mauritius do speak an understand english
vytenius
nouvo
nouvo

@vytenius

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mi Okt 15, 2008 13:58

Hi,

English is not only an international language, but it is the official language in Mauritius. Any kind of official procedures - wedding ceremonies, court procedures etc. is conducted in English.

However the language mostly used in Mauritius is Mauritian Kreol, followed by French. There are also smaller communities speaking Tamil, Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic and Urdu.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English