Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

new years eve

for our english speaking user.

new years eve

Beitragvon Trish » Mi Jul 21, 2004 12:45

Hello everyone..

We're coming to Mauritius (first time - very excited! :mrgreen: ) for Christmas and New year this year and we're looking for ideas for New Year's Eve.

I was thinking of perhaps dinner, dancing, fireworks that kind of thing. I've heard that may hotels organise Gala Dinners, do you have to be a resident of the hotel to attend? Are there any other 'events' organised on the island for New Year?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions :-) thanx

Trish
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon mike@hibiscus » Mi Jul 21, 2004 13:41

Hi Trish,

Well one thing i can say is that new year in Mauritius is a very exciting time. It's highly celebrated and you definatly wont be short of a firework or 2. The sound of firecrackers echo all over the island. BOOM BOOM BOOM!! and as for gala nights at hotels, the majority welcome non resident guests for a pre paid per-person fee but usually there is a first come first serve policy as space is often limited.. I couldn't suggest any hotel in particular as it's been a long time since i have been to any of these gala nights besides the 'Paul & Virginie' hotel as it is right next to our villa and found it to be convienient but a very good night it was indeed.. Which part of the island will you be staying at??

Well hope you have a fantastic 1st time in paradise Mauritius, i'm sure you'll love it!
mike@hibiscus
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 51

Beitragvon anne » Mi Jul 21, 2004 19:09

Hi trish

you can read in the newspaper the promotion of many hotels and restaurants, which make galamenues

Beautifull is, to go to the waterfront, it is full of people, got out for dinner there and at midnight there is a great firework

with kindly regards anne
anne
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon mike@hibiscus » Do Jul 22, 2004 12:38

Guaranteed a spectacular firework show at the waterfront on new years eve.. With the nice dinner too mmmm..That must have been nice anne... :ploppop

mike
mike@hibiscus
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 51

Beitragvon Trish » Do Jul 22, 2004 13:21

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :ploppop New Years Eve looks like it'll be fun!!

We're (partner and 2 children) actually going to be staying at La Cocoteraie on the recommendation of Anne (mauritiustipps) - hello again Anne :-)

I realise that it'll be very busy so I'm hoping to book as much as I can well in advance.

Does anyone know of a good car hire company?

Can non-residents book to use spa facilities at any of the big hotels?

thanx
Trish
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English