Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

New Island Brand

for our english speaking user.

New Island Brand

Beitragvon ud » Fr Okt 09, 2009 17:15

Hello,

I'm sure that you guys must have come across this on the news. Apparently we've got a nice logo as part of our rebranding.

I think it's a great design!

However, I don't fully understand why it's in French though? I thought English was the official language. My work colleagues, who are all british can read it though.

Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority Website

Post Office First Day Cover

Regards

ud

ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon locallady » So Okt 11, 2009 7:00

I have to say I am surprised the logo is in French as the official language is English------although as we all know that is a joke!!!!
I really think that re branding is a waste of time and energies should be channelled on cleaning up Mauritius-both from a point of view of rubbish, unsightly places etc and also the rip offs by virtually all who come into contact with our tourists . Hotel prices for basics such as a coffee are extortionate, ice creams at Mon Choisy likewise-Rs 125 charged!!!! although mentioning you are a local (although not a Mauritian per se) immediately sees a reduction to Rs 50. Likewise crime against ex pats and tourists needs to be taken in hand only the other day a family at Bain Boeuf were attacked and robbed by a band of armed robbers. Such acts will linger long in the minds of all affected and word of mouth will inevitable lead would be visitors to think again. No flashy new logo is likely to overcome the black side of life here when visitors are seen as easy targets for theft,inflated prices etc.....
locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon nypy » Mo Okt 12, 2009 0:10

well, i am a tourist in mauritius and my opinion is, that security is most important thing there, second is clean of places and enviroment after that comes prices.

this is opinion of tourist, who have been there before, first timer looks prices first, before he make a decision to come there, but i think it's important that keep good care people, who stay there long times and visit many times, because they recommend places to other people and all we know, that it's best way to convince people
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

New Branding

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Okt 12, 2009 8:55

Hi Everybody,

just finished a posting in the German part of the forum regarding the new 'Branding'. I've also been surprised they chose the English name 'Mauritius' accompanied by a French expression. They could easily have put the three words in two languages, but then again I wasn't involved in the 18 (eighteen!) months re-branding project (nor did I get the money :::( and I guess it was quite a substantial sum...).

I like the idea putting the Pieter Both silhouette with the rock on top of the M. Unfortunately already in the very first photograph taken it got cut off... will happen more often I guess. Anybody any idea why the 't' is designed so prominently?

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon ud » Mo Okt 12, 2009 11:11

Hello MmeTortue,

The "T" if you look at it carefully looks like someone with wide open arms like someone going to hug somebody else.

It might indicate the "welcoming feeling" tourists feel.

Well that's how I interprete it anyway.

This feeling might change after you've been robbed.....

Kind Regards

ud
ud

Cost factor

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Okt 12, 2009 12:49

Just finished reading today's l'express and guess what: they give a figure of how much the new campaign had cost: 31 Million Rupees...

In addition the commentary 'tribune' on page 8 mentions that the idea with Pieter Both and the colors of the flag had already been created by 'a young gifted Mauritian national' years ago and so on and so on...

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon ud » Mo Okt 12, 2009 15:21

31 million Rupees for this campaign?!??!

I would understand if that includes repainting all Air Mauritius planes or else I'm disappointed really!
ud

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Okt 12, 2009 17:58

Hello Ud,

In the German speaking forum someone explained that the T in the new Mauritius signature stands for a sega dancer. Go figure! :wink)

Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon blueworld » Di Okt 20, 2009 20:38

...the way that public money are spent is almost always surprising :shock:

in my opinion the Dodo is a very good "brand"
he clearly remark how crucially important is the environment

doesn't matter the real reasons of the dying out,
because I think the Dodo could perfectly emphasize a political trend and will
...if there is this willing :roll:
blueworld
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon wickus » Di Okt 20, 2009 20:59

Well looks like this happens everywhere. Just read something that they wasted 30 billions (not Rupees) of tax money in Germany?
wickus

Bilder: 0

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English