Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Need suggestion ; school

for our english speaking user.

Need suggestion ; school

Beitragvon han_jakarta » Di Jun 03, 2008 20:35

Dear Forum

I thought i changed the subject (was: hello from Jakarta) to be more specific.

My husband has been in Mauritius since last Wednesday. From the emails he sounded very happy and excited. Too bad the cellphone provider he has there cannot connect with ours in Jakarta.

Right now he is busy to look for a school for our daughters. The company has registered them to IPS (international preparatory school) at the northern part of the island (which I assume is closer to his office in Port Luis?). However, our youngest is still in the waiting list there and the school cannot give a time limit of when we could know for sure whether she can go to school there or not.

My husband also went to the south and look at Clavis School (in Mokka ?) and Doha (in Curepipe?) - please forgive me if I mis-spelled the names but some of hiw colleagues at work said that it's almost impossible (traffic-wise) to commute from the south to the office everyday. Is it true?

Maybe some of you who know the area better and even know more schools than the 3 I have mentioned could give some suggestions for us? :PPP)

Where we live will depend on where our kids go to school I guess. So right now, finding a school for them is the top priority. Because at the end of the month my husband has to move out from the hotel to a permanent place.

[I]terimakasih [/I]- thank you soo much!
/hanni

han_jakarta
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Schools

Beitragvon johnjoe20 » Do Jun 05, 2008 10:46

The IPS school in the North Mapou is the best around here.

I would agree that travelling from South to North daily to work would be a nightmare due to congestion here in the early morning.

Best Wishes with your schools.

I live in the North - Pereybere.

Joseph
johnjoe20
moris explorater
moris explorater

Schools and Travelling

Beitragvon johnjoe20 » Do Jun 05, 2008 17:16

Sorry forget to ask where is your Husband working?ort Louis?

Traffic varies depending on the time of day. It gets very busy at the usual 'rush hours' no matter where you are travelling from to Port Louis.

If your husband can work flexi hours at the office well that is a different matter, but if it is normasl working hours, well it is always busy no matter where you live.

I only know the school in the North you talked about, because I teach in a school.

Hope you can get around your problem of work travel and school searching. Just to say you will love it here.

Best Wishes

Johnjoe20
johnjoe20
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon waves » Sa Jun 07, 2008 7:24

why don't you check at alexandra house near currepipe. I think its near vacao or something. But I am in the same situation like you. both my kids in the wating list. Hope the school get bigger soon.

Take care.
waves
nouvo
nouvo

Schools

Beitragvon johnjoe20 » Sa Jun 07, 2008 11:34

Yes Alexandra House is a very nice school indeed - well located.

I had the pleasure of visiting it. Most private schools belong to the same group of companies ITS.

Johnjoe20
johnjoe20
moris explorater
moris explorater

Schools

Beitragvon han_jakarta » Di Jul 01, 2008 18:24

Sorry I didn't get a chance to be online sooner..

Thank you Johnjoe20 & Waves for your replies.

My husband's office is at Barkly Wharf East, Le Caudan Waterfront. Unfortunately he doesn't work on flexible hours. But in Jakarta, we also commute around 20 km everyday to go to work & school.. also in a very crowded traffic.

My husband had visited Alexandra House and fell in love the minute he arrived there. It's actually what we're looking for. But like Waves said, the waiting list is sooo long. We put our daughters' names but not very optimistic.

I guess we can only wait now. I try my best not to be stressed out thinking about the school (although honestly, it's just sooo hard not to think about it :roll:

Anyway.. yesterday I have submitted my (and my girls') visa application and I'm so excited. My husband took lots of pictures and said that the country is a great place to say and the people are very nice & helpful. I can't wait to be there..

Once again, thank you all for your replies!

Salam,
/hanni
han_jakarta
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon terence » Mi Jul 02, 2008 12:08

We plan to more to Mauritius next year. My daugher will finish her Board in O level. She wants to do Graduation in Business & Media. Are there any colleges that cater for these.
terence
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English