Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Need information please.. as I am moving to mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Need information please.. as I am moving to mauritius

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Mo Apr 09, 2007 11:59

Hello there ,
I'm living in India & have received a job offer for an tech expert position in Mauritius.
Could anyone who lives on the island give me some (a lot actually..!) info regarding living costs/if there is a large & active expat community/travel costs in the region etc etc
I've been offered 63000 MUR INR net/month - incl. a housing allowance that would be enough for a good 1 or 2 bedroom appt apparrently, so wouldn't have to pay for my accomodation. Weekdays I would also have all meals included for free from my work, so that would save some money too.
Would this salary allow me to live comfortably?? (I'm single & thus have only to pay for my own expenses..). Could I even save money each month with this salary or is it just enough?

How is everyday life in Mauritius? What goes on on weekends? are there much happening?

How much does it cost to get 24hr internet connection at home? and if I have a fixed land line, are there any special deals which enables you to call Europe for a cheaper rate? (calling cards, special telephone deals?), are there any cinemas in Mauritius with recent films showing?
would you suggest to buy a second hand car while I live there to use for weekends etc? or would the public transport be sufficient to get around?

I know I've asked a million questions... it's just that there are so many things in my head right now & lots of things to consider before deciding to move to a new and far away country, changing job & be 14 hours away from my friends & family!

MANY MANY thanks in advance for helping me out & replying!
Regards
Ramit Saroop

Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mo Apr 09, 2007 12:40

Hi,

Why did you copy and paste stuff that galaxie had asked and written in her post??? LOL Just like counterfeit items.....you didn't even correct the stuff to make it suit your own situation!

galaxie's topic post

You're asking the same questions again and again my friend........

Browse into the forums, most of the questions have already be answered!

Regards

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Sramjan » Mo Apr 09, 2007 16:55

Sramjan
nouvo
nouvo

questions and questions...

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Di Apr 10, 2007 7:26

Hello Ramit,

Where are you going to live? That's a very important question as prices for rent differ quite a lot as well as cultural offerings. Otherwise ud is correct. Most of your questions have already been answered in different postings.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Di Apr 10, 2007 9:13

Hi,
well what he said is correct .
my office is on Royal Road Cassis.
What I am going to get 63000 per month (inclusive of house allowance)..
what i am lookin in for is 2 bedroom appartment (furnished one and 24 hours internet access )
what would be cost involved..
I guess I would be fine in living some 10 to 15 min away from office..

Does this help

Regards
Ramit
Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Di Apr 10, 2007 10:05

Galaxie wrote

Hello there
I'm living in Europe & have received a job offer for an expat position in Mauritius.
Could anyone who lives on the island give me some (a lot actually..!) info regarding living costs/if there is a large & active expat community/travel costs in the region etc etc
I've been offered US$2500 net/month - incl. a housing allowance that would be enough for a good 1 bedroom appt apparrently, so wouldn't have to pay for my accomodation. Weekdays I would also have all meals included for free from my work, so that would save some money too.
Would this salary allow me to live comfortably?? (I'm single & thus have only to pay for my own expenses..). Could I even save money each month with this salary or is it just enough?
How much does it cost to travel in the region? For example a return air ticket to Madagscar in US$? and to South Africa, Seychelles? Just to have an idea as I'd like to travel in th region while I live there.
How is everyday life in Mauritius? What goes on on weekends? are there much happening?
How much does it cost to get 24hr internet connection at home? and if I have a fixed land line, are there any special deals which enables you to call Europe for a cheaper rate? (calling cards, special telephone deals?), are there any cinemas in Mauritius with recent films showing?
would you suggest to buy a second hand car while I live there to use for weekends etc? or would the public transport be sufficient to get around? what would a second hand car in a good condition cost in USdollars?
Gosh, I know I've asked a million questions... it's just that there are so many things in my head right now & lots of things to consider before deciding to move to a new and far away country, changing job & be 14 hours away from my friends & family!

Ramit_Saroop wrote

Hello there ,
I'm living in India & have received a job offer for an tech expert position in Mauritius.
I've been offered 63000 MUR INR net/month - incl. a housing allowance that would be enough for a good 1 or 2 bedroom appt apparrently, so wouldn't have to pay for my accomodation. Weekdays I would also have all meals included for free from my work, so that would save some money too.

would you suggest to buy a second hand car while I live there to use for weekends etc? or would the public transport be sufficient to get around?

I know I've asked a million questions... it's just that there are so many things in my head right now & lots of things to consider before deciding to move to a new and far away country, changing job & be 14 hours away from my friends & family!

I'm not sure If I need to laugh or not but I've successfully spotted the 7 differences if that's what you were trying to make us play! :wink)

LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In simple terms RS63000 is well enough for your expenses and our local transport system will be enough as well. But if you're the type of guy that likes to go the disco and dance on Indian Music, you might need a car...in other words for night life!

All your utility bills will cost you around 1500

Well your ADSL Broadband cost varies according to the connection speed you select....

Bild

If you live a reasonably decent life you should be able to save minimum 35000-40000MUR for a cost of living of 15000MUR + All Bills + other Stuff

Hope this helps and you stop worrying too much!

Best regards

udester
ud

hi

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Di Apr 10, 2007 10:30

Hi ,
By this " 15000MUR + All Bills + other Stuff " do you mean 15k for my flat ?
I am not very much into night life.. but once in a while may be. ..
I am planning to have a car to be comfortable the second hand cars you mentioned..
in india in delhi we cant live without car and all.. its almost a need here..

Regards
Ramit
Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Di Apr 10, 2007 12:00

Yeah let me rephrase, I was a bit in a hurry to go to work before...

Rent + Taxes [(Annual Income Tax + Annual Council Tax)/12)] + Petrol = approx. MUR 10000-15000MURper month

Utilities Bill + Food e.t.c = 5000MUR per month

Broadband = MUR 1500?

SO I would assume a worst case scenario expense of MUR 15000-20000 per month for everything......

Please consider the fact that I'm not in Mauritius right now and that's the info I've asked some of the people living on their own.....

It would be great if people could confirm that.

@ Axel @ Stefan....Perhaps we need a sticky topic for that coz those questions are the ones that ppl ask more often!

Best Regards

udester
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English