Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Need help with transfer from the airport in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Need help with transfer from the airport in Mauritius

Beitragvon keo » Do Aug 28, 2008 1:30

Hello,

I'm going to MRU in September and I want to prebook transfer for 2 adults from the airport to hotel Le Canonnier and then later to hotel Le Paradis, and from there to the airport again?

Can anyone advice where to book this service on the Internet or call by phone to some reliable operator?

Does anyone know if I will be "ripped off" if I take a taxi on the spot without a prebooking or how much one is expected to pay (in Euros) for these distances?

I'm very thankful for a reply.
Looking very much to go back to wonderful Mauritius :-)

With kind regards
Ketil alias keo

keo
nouvo
nouvo

Bilder: 0

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon nypy » Do Aug 28, 2008 2:31

hi Keo

it cost around 50e per day and allmost same pyment if u r going to north or far west, i've payed 35 to 40e from flick en flack and grand baie.

i've been there little over 5 weeks and i have one good driver, what i've used over 2 weeks, he is very friedly and speak good english and trustfull too.

send me a privat message and i'll try to find hes phone number.

btw, where in norway u live?

i've been fishing many years around lofoten

nypy
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon thermo » Do Aug 28, 2008 3:24

Taxis from the airport, and ones which wait outside hotels can be expensive, as the customer is not likely to know any better :-)
If you can get a recommendation for a trustworthy driver, go for it I'd say. But don't worry about pre-booking, there are plenty of taxis waiting to relieve you of your cash.
Remember to haggle and get several quotes from other drivers.
thermo
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon keo » Sa Aug 30, 2008 0:01

Thanks for your reply.

I found something called Taxi Mauritius on the internet and they seem to have reasonable prices so I think I will go for them.

To nypy: I come from Tromsø (a very beautiful place) which is about 250 - 300 km north of Lofoten. Maybe you have been there? Lofoten is very beautiful too, the scenery is breathtaking there. :-) Now I live in Gothenburg in Sweden, and sometimes i miss the beautiful and wild nature in Norway.

Best regards
Keo
keo
nouvo
nouvo

Bilder: 0

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English