Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Need help

for our english speaking user.

Need help

Beitragvon Coolboy » Mo Nov 16, 2009 6:02

Hi
im a 20 year old guy and im thinking of moving to Mauritius to study at SSR college. so i was wondering if anyone can give me any tips and other stuff that i need to know. like hows the weather, the college, beaches and as im a fairly good looking guy well i think so how are the clubs and stuff there as im the only one moving there so need some company of girls and good friends lol n the location of SSR college?plus any friends as im gna be new there

Coolboy
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

SSR Medical College

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Nov 16, 2009 10:11

Hello coolboy

Here's information on the college:

http://www.ssrmedicalcollege.com/main.p ... ction=home

here's information on the weather

http://metservice.intnet.mu/

Can't tell you anything about the college; the beaches are wonderful!However the college is situated in the middle of the island!
Another word of advice: although you may be a fairly good looking mate, many Mauritians (no matter which gender) are extremely good looking, or as a German saying goes "die Konkurrenz schlaeft nicht" = the competition doesn't sleep :wink) :wink) :wink)

Go ahead and let us know how you cope!

Mme.Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Coolboy » Mo Nov 16, 2009 11:54

thanks for the info that you gave me. i was wondering do u know by any chance if there is any nightclubs or anything that is close to the campus and also how is the hostel life there?
and is it mostly english speaking place? or any other languages that are common there?
how is the food there? is it very expensive or avg or cheap?
n is there any parties that are organised there as im a Dj overseas so wanted to know if i could just continue my passion there while i study medicine at ssr college lol
Coolboy
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Mo Nov 16, 2009 13:13

Hi,

Listen to Mme Tortue, she's such a nice lady with other 100 years of experience!!!

Well Coolboy, there are a few nightclubs in the towns near to the campus. I'm not sure they will meet the definition of "nightclub" you've got in mind. If you want the real deal, you'll be better off at Grand Baie where there are loads of tourists where maybe you'll be more at ease and help you settle better.

I would imagine since there are other international students from India, Pakistan and maybe some European countries on the course that the platform would be English. I wouldn't worry about that language issues. Our education system is in English. Our mothertongue is Creole and the most spoken language in the business sector is French.

With regards to getting along and making friends, people of your age get along really well provided you put differences apart and not base yourself on looks. :Q

The food available varies greatly, there's always gonna be a place which will suit you let it be chinese, indian or italian. Even if you cook, ingredients are easily accessible at most shopping markets. I won't be able to comment on the cost of food as it depends on where you come from. I would say it's average.

There are international DJ-ing events in specific nightclubs taking place every 2 weeks or so. These are advertised on the local newspapers when they happen. If one day you are to operate on me, please don't mistake me for a DJ turntable deck. OMG :shock:

Good luck

Regards

ud
ud

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English