Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

mosqiuto,s

for our english speaking user.

Beitragvon Tommy » Do Feb 16, 2006 19:40

I`m not aware of any.

Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 79

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon GoUp » Sa Feb 18, 2006 10:35

Tommy I found this on other forum:
As a comparison last year around the same period there were 3500 cases reported in the Port Louis region and with the coming of the cooler months ( June to Aug ) the spread was contained.

Is that true? If this is so, than we will all come to Mauritius with ease. :ploppop
GoUp
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon stefan » Sa Feb 18, 2006 10:41

GoUp, sorry, but last year no one know what chikungunya is. :wink)
stefan

Bilder: 164

Chikungunya Mauritius

Beitragvon Lucas » So Mär 05, 2006 22:37

What measures are the authorities are taking in Mauritius to reduce the mosquito population?

Are the Authorities being honest with their facts and figures on the Chikungunya situation?

We have planned to travel to Mauritius in the 2nd week of April.

accurate information would be appreciated
Lucas
Lucas
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon stefan » Mo Mär 06, 2006 22:03

honest yes and now, we believe now, that last year been already first cases recorded, but no actions done.
now, the goverment go's public and it seems there realy work on it.
fact is, today there is no GREAT danger to get Chikungunya in mauritius.
to be saver then save, bring some mosquito protection products with you.

life is normal here!
regards
stefan
stefan

mosquitoes chikungunya virus

Beitragvon ashwoi » Mi Mär 08, 2006 21:09

I logged onto Google to research virus and have requested "Google Alert "to be sent to my Email each day. They send any information and newspaper articles regarding the virus. The authoritires appear to be trying to control the outbreak but the view is that March could see a rise in the number of cases in Mauritius. There is also reportedly a shortage of insect repellant on the island, so if visiting ensure you take plenty with you.
Ian Ashwood
ashwoi
nouvo
nouvo

Mosquitoes

Beitragvon Jeremiah_Bullfrog » Di Mär 21, 2006 9:40

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Mauritius. My 4 year old son and I are particularly susceptible to mosquito bites (there being a lot of mosquitoes where we live) and I can honestly say I saw fewer mozzies in Mauritius than I do at home in Australia. We stayed on the north-west and north coast and took heaps of repellent which we applied regularly. We saw only the odd mozzie (even after the rains brought by Cyclone Diwa) and all returned home safe and well. Hope this helps to allay some fears as I was very concerned before we left on our trip.
Jeremiah_Bullfrog
nouvo
nouvo

Re: Mosquitoes

Beitragvon GoUp » Di Mär 21, 2006 21:46

Jeremiah_Bullfrog hat geschrieben:We have just returned from 2 weeks in Mauritius. My 4 year old son and I are particularly susceptible to mosquito bites (there being a lot of mosquitoes where we live) and I can honestly say I saw fewer mozzies in Mauritius than I do at home in Australia. We stayed on the north-west and north coast and took heaps of repellent which we applied regularly. We saw only the odd mozzie (even after the rains brought by Cyclone Diwa) and all returned home safe and well. Hope this helps to allay some fears as I was very concerned before we left on our trip.

Thank's! Help a lot - in three weeks I will go on north-west coast.
i:()
GoUp
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon stefan » Mi Mär 22, 2006 10:28

just bring some protection cream or spray agains mosquitos and you will be fine.

i just came back from reunion island, where there have a lot of cases, but even there, nothing to worry about, just do your part and use some cream.

happy holidays
regards
stefan
stefan

Virus in Mauritius???

Beitragvon mightymidgetdog » So Mär 26, 2006 0:29

Hi!

Note you are off to Mauritius! I wondered if you could possible let me know (when you return) just what the situation is over there, please?

My husband and I are returning at the end of November for 2 weeks, our first visit being for our daughters wedding in June 2004. We stayed at 'La Pirogue', Flic en Flac, on the West coast, which is where we are again this year. A delightful hotel in every respect, the location is superb and we cannot speak too highly of it. Once again, we are going 'all-inclusive' with Virgin (who did the wedding arrangements also), so at least we won't have to worry about eating any contaminated food outside of the hotel (hopefully).

We ARE doing several trips, already booked via contacts in Mauritius, and must admit to being a little apprehensive about eating non-hotel prepared food on these!

If you find any really exceptional tours, etc., perhaps you would kindly let me know, please? I would be very grateful. We have a full-day Catamaran Cruise booked again, as we had the wedding 'hen day' on one and the men went with the same firm Big Game Fishing and joined us in the afternoon for an onboard BBQ - exellant! We got to see the dolphins too and it was a superb day. This time we have booked with the aforementioned people for another Cat. Cruise but to Ile aux Cerfs this time. (Ran out of time in 2004). If YOU experience the Blue Safari Submarine trip out of Grand Baie or the Undersea Walk, would you kindly let me have your opinions please? We hope to do one or the other and would welcome any feedback on them.

Any other useful info you could pass on for suggested sightseeing/trips would be much appreciated.

Hope I've not oveloaded you!

Kind regards,
Maz.
(Norfolk, U.K.)
mightymidgetdog
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English