Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Mauritius Stamps/ Philately

for our english speaking user.

Mauritius Stamps/ Philately

Beitragvon ud » Mi Feb 27, 2008 2:49

Hey folks,

Did you know that on September 21, 1847 Mauritius became the fifth country in the world and the first British Colony to issue postage stamps. These stamps and first day covers have been collected over years by philatelists from all over the world and are quite valuable especially our pre-independence philatelic heritage. My grandparents have been employed in the postal service and when I was recently in Mauritius, they left me an interesting collection of First Day Covers and some stamps. They did not collect at that time but only kept what they got for free. However, I'm planning to carry over this thing in the family by collecting stamps. I'll be starting soon and wondering if anyone among you have any collection of First Day Covers or old stamps they want to trade or anything of the sort. Please participate in this post if anyone is interested. People sometimes on the death of their parents or grandparents just throw the collections out but they don't know what they're doing! Keep them!!!!

Thanks

udester

ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Werner » Mi Feb 27, 2008 12:11

Hello ud.!
In Mauritius I have two albums of stamps in brandnew condition of the years between 1937 and the 80's.
regards.: Werner
PS.: In brandnew condition stamps are really rare (the old ones)
Münzen + Scheine von Mauritius

http://www.mauritius-tipps.de/werner/index.html
Werner

Bilder: 74

Beitragvon Marco Polo » Mi Feb 27, 2008 14:42

I always collect stamps and first day covers from any country I travel to, including Mauritius. Same with coins and money bills. I love to collect all these things. It doesn't cost much and it makes for a great collection over the years.
Liebe Grüße Marco Polo
Marco Polo

Beitragvon ud » Mi Feb 27, 2008 20:39

I'm doing a list of all the FDC and stamps that I've got and in the coming months, I shall look for/trade/buy those that I'm missing!

I'll post the list once I get them. There are some FDCs that I have multiple copies of and I'm planning to use them - to sell or trade to complete my collection.

Regards

ud
ud

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English