Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Mauritius developments (Tamarin Bay and Anahita)

for our english speaking user.

Mauritius developments (Tamarin Bay and Anahita)

Beitragvon wombat » Sa Okt 29, 2005 14:38

Hello all,

My family are investigating Mauritius as a home, and are interested in the Tamarin Bay and Anahita developments. These developments are Integrated Resort Schemes (IRS's) and allow overseas buyers to live and work in Mauritius.

I was wondering if anybody else had heard about the schemes and had any comments? Has anyone seen the developments? They are to be finished in 2006 I hear and are currently being completed.

Also, has anyone visited the "cyber city" in Mauritius, or worked there? My husband works in the ICT area and we would seek to gain work in this area.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Sophie, UK

wombat
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon stefan » Mo Okt 31, 2005 9:09

hi
as i can recall, you need to invest in mauritius 500.000US and then you will be able to buy a house there.

regards
stefan
stefan
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon axel » Mo Okt 31, 2005 11:49

I found already the following:

INTEGRATED RESORT SCHEME (IRS)

What is the Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS)?

The IRS is basically a project for the construction and sale of luxury villas to foreigners in an idyllic setting near th beautiful coastal region of Mauritius. The acquisition of a villa for residential purposes only by a foreigner under the Scheme will allow the foreigner and his family to reside in Mauritius as long as he holds the property.

The luxury villas

Villas sold under the scheme form part of a complex of luxury villas of international standard and high-class facilities and amenities such as: golf course, marina and individual swimming pool, nautical and other sport facilities, health and beauty centres, high class restaurants amongst others. Maintenance, waste disposal, gardening, security and other household services are also included.

The extend of land in respect of each villa shall not exceed 1.25 arpents (0.5276 hectares). The villa can be acquired on the basis of a plan or during the construction phase.

Residence Permit under IRS

The acquisition of a villa under the Scheme shall grant resident status to the investor, his spouse and dependents. A residence permit granted under the IRS shall remain in force until such time as the non-citizen holds immovable property in Mauritius under the scheme. Application for Residence Permit shall be made at the time of applying for IRS.

Who can apply to buy a villa under IRS?

Any one of the following can apply under the Scheme:

* Non- citizen of Mauritius (including his spouse and dependants);
* A foreign company under the Companies Act (of Mauritius) 2001;
* A citizen of Mauritius;
* A company incorporated under the Companies Act 2001.

Selling back of immovable property

Possible provided written notice is given to the Board of Investment 30 days prior to the sale. Resident Status will be lost on selling back the villa.

source: maurinet
Axel
Die Sonne scheint mir auf den Bauch - das soll sie auch (Heinz Erhardt)
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
axel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 5

Beitragvon Stony » Mo Okt 31, 2005 18:17

I think this is maintained and administrated by the Board of Investment in Mauritius. Maybe you want to look at their webpage: www.boimauritius.com

Regards,
Stony
Don't Drink and Navigate! &
Skype don't type ;-)
Also - wenn Sie DAS Lesen können brauchen Sie keine Brille .......
Stony

Bilder: 27

Beitragvon Terrence » Di Nov 01, 2005 0:06

As far as I know there are only 3 ways to move to Mauritius.

1) Marry a Mauritian.

2) Invest $500,000.00 in Mauritius. This does not necessarily have to be in an IRS. This will give permanent residence as long as the investment is maintained. See http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/Noncitizenhomepagesite for more details.

3) Qualify under the SAPES scheme. I don't know much about this but essentially if you have skills that are in demand you're in. I believe that the residence/work permit will only be granted for a maximum of three years. The BOI site should have something on this.

If you both intend to work this may be an issue as under the Mauritian system wives and children are viewed as dependants of the husband so whilst the husband may get a work permit the wife might not. It will certainly be harder.

I haven't been in the cybercity tower but it looks quite impressive from outside and has been so successful that they are currently building a second one. The shops there are fine however I didn't think much of the cybervillage.
Terrence
encor Basic
encor Basic

Hi

Beitragvon wombat » Di Nov 01, 2005 1:54

Hello all,

Thank you for all of the feedback. Both IRS and SAPES look interesting, although the lure of permanent residency under IRS is very appealing.

Tell me, what is the attitude to non-resident workers? Is there a "them and us" type issue, or is Mauritus friendly to overseas workers?

Regards,
Sophie, UK
wombat
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Stony » Di Nov 01, 2005 12:24

Dear Sophie,

I think Mauritians are primarily friendly and open to everyone. There are many cultures and religions living peacefully next to each other. :ploppop

Generally, it very much depends as to how they are approached and treated. However, you will find - like everywhere else - people with different attitudes and opinions.

All the best,
Stony
Don't Drink and Navigate! &
Skype don't type ;-)
Also - wenn Sie DAS Lesen können brauchen Sie keine Brille .......
Stony

Bilder: 27

Beitragvon ZahoOL » Mi Nov 09, 2005 7:35

Terrence hat geschrieben:As far as I know there are only 3 ways to move to Mauritius.

1) Marry a Mauritian.

:wink)
KotZot - Mauritius Friends Network
ZahoOL
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 2

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English