Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Looking for rent small room/studio for $200 per month

for our english speaking user.

Looking for rent small room/studio for $200 per month

Beitragvon rami84 » Di Jan 06, 2009 21:26

Dear friends, I'm going to Mauritius alone. I need your recommendations about very cheep budget accommodations (especially studio or 1 small room), i want to live there about 3 months. I'm a painter and composer, so i don't need any expensive resorts. Maybe you can recommend any websites for research or recommend any places to stay for about $200 per month?
I tried to google and found some agencies, but they didn't answer.

rami84
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Titus » Di Jan 06, 2009 22:52

Hi Rami,
I really don't know any place that fits in your budget.
The cheapest hotels I know are around Quatre Bornes (forgot the name of that hotel). Also in Mahebourg there are some low cost family pension.
still, all of them are more expensive than the budget that you mentioned.

Though, seen the budget that Mauritian workers have, I think it could be possible to find something - but you certainly won't find it in the internet.

I would suggest to you: get a reservation for the first days of you stay in a cheap hotel/pension, and try your luck once you've arrived.
Ask everybody you meet, walk around the town for 2-3 days, and just ask everybody.

Mauritians are quite easy to talk to, and I often have been asked in the streets, if I need some rentals.
I think you can manage it somehow to find something that will fit your budget
Titus
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 2

Cheap accomodation

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mi Jan 07, 2009 7:10

Hello Rami,

Titus already said it all... Here's one recommendation for the first days: Pensionnat Orient, Rue des Hollandais, Mahebourg, Phone/Fax +230 6312111. It's cheap and clean, about 10 min. from the airport in the middle of Mahebourg.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon kantor » Sa Jan 10, 2009 22:30

Mr. & Mrs T., why are you so pessimistic to find a cheap room for 6400 Rs/month? In Grand Baie are many very basic pensions. Though they're too basic for me, I looked in one last year out of curiosity and they quoted me 8000 Rs/month for a basic two room appartment.
kantor
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon macca06 » So Jan 11, 2009 17:19

hi rami,
like everyone has said get a place for the first few days so you will get the chance to go see some of these budget accoms yourself, but i do have a reccomendation that i think would be right up your ally. it's in Tamarin a man named jacques owns it, it's pretty basic but the area and people are beautiful. there self contained rooms in a small hotel like compound. let me know if you want to know any more and i'll be able to hook you up :cool:

.: peace out - jah bless :.
i'm not asian or african... i'm mauritian!
macca06
encor Basic
encor Basic

Very cheap Hostel

Beitragvon Scope254 » Fr Jan 23, 2009 13:25

If you want to be close to Port Louis, try Le Capitaine in Tombeau Bay. It is only 4 euros a day! That must be the cheapest on the island. I've stayed there twice and can recommend it.
Look at any of the hostel websites to book it. The owner, Clarel, and his family live downstairs and are always very helpful. There is also a small shop for essentials such as cold beer!
Scope254
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English