Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Looking for a job and life experience in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Looking for a job and life experience in Mauritius

Beitragvon rumi » Mo Feb 09, 2009 19:18

Hi everyone..My boyfriend and I are living in Dublin /Ireland/ and working as an assistant store managers in a grocery supermarket.Originally we are from Slovakia.Came over to Ireland 3 years ago 1st of all for a better salary and life but after those years we realised without nature around us and lots of sunshine this is not the life we would like to live. ..Thats why decided to move somewhere nice like Mauritius..Can anyone help us what is the best way to find a job or if its possilbe to get any jobb offer without speaking French./any kind of job for a beginning will do/.Both of us speak English,Slovak, Hungarian..and what about the accomondation after finding a job if is it easy to rent a place near by...?
Thank you for your answer...Have a nice and happy day everyone...!!! :flower2)

rumi
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon wickus » Fr Mär 06, 2009 10:18

Hi,

I am sure outside Dublin you would find a lot of nice green places and lots of nature. :-)

Like in every country it will be not easy to find a job here, if you don't have anything special to offer. On the other hand Mauritius will be totally different than a holiday once you live here for good. I wonder since you are from Slovakia if you also speak Russian. Maybe this could be an advantage concerning the tourist sector. (But can't tell you how this is at the moment also affected by the overall crisis)
If you like to look for jobs and to get in contact with companies you might try myjob.mu Another website is orange.mu where you might find jobs.

French is not everywhere needed, I was lucky getting a job with my German. But this I finally got only after I got married to my mauritian wife. Before I was trying 3 month to stay in contact.

But French should be learned at one time you are staying here, since the most people speaking this.

It will not be easy to start here, all the running to the public offices is a p.i.t.a.

Greetings from Mauritius
Mario
wickus
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

thank u

Beitragvon rumi » Fr Mär 06, 2009 23:42

Hi Mario

Thank u for ur answer was really nice of u....I know its not gonna be easy like it isnt anywhere far from ur home for the first time....But its always good to make changes in ur life I think....Hope u r happy where and with who u r....wishing u good luck and thanks againg for ur reply..

Monika
rumi
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon terence » So Mär 15, 2009 15:53

I suggest you go there on a holiday at the same time look out for a job. If you try from Ireland applying for a job it could be difficult. I realised after returning from my 10 day trip that I should have looked around l for a job rather than enjoying the parsadise . I plan to try again next time when I will stay there for a month.
terence
moris explorater
moris explorater

Link to German page

Beitragvon Brofasond » Mo Mär 16, 2009 15:35

Hi rumi,

mabe you have a look here:

http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum/ftopic5659.html

It is a thread from the German page at this forum and it includes an e-mail-address. The author introduces himself telling that he will be settling in Mauritius opening a new business. He is seeking for german but also for european stuff. Perhaps you will get more information via his website or you just get in touch with him directly (via pn). I am sure he speeks englisch.

Good luck
Brofasond
Brofasond
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Beitragvon rumi » So Apr 05, 2009 20:11

Thank Terence and Brofasond....will keep trying.....already have found out Slovakian dont need travel visa...but dont know anything about the working permits tho´
rumi
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English