Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Living in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Living in Mauritius

Postby Baltimore » Tue May 29, 2007 13:16

A friend and I are moving to mauritius. Where does the most expats live? We are going to work in ebene. How is life in flic en flac? What areas would you suggest?

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby ud » Wed May 30, 2007 13:42

Hi Baltimore,

There are no specific places where expats live! However most of expats who can afford just choose to live in a bungalow or apartment near the sea. Flic en Flac is the second most popular beach after Grand Baie and its only 30 mins or so from Rose-Hill/Ebene.

I used to live in Rose-Hill and did my studies at Ebene which was well within walking distance. There is a good transport system to link you to the Port-Louis city center where you'll get all facilities.

People from abroad tend to think about travelling distances e.t.c but don't forget that Mauritius is a small island and it takes like 1hr or so to go horizontally across and less than 2 hrs to vertically cross it!

Since Ebene and RoseHill are almost in the middle it doesn't matter where you want to stay depending on how long you want to travel for to reach work.....

The rest is up to u!

Best Regards

moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Postby meghna » Wed May 30, 2007 16:32

hi baltimore,

Choosing a place mainly depends much time u wish to spend at home.
If u spend maximum time at home then u shoud look for an accomodation near the main road or some activity centre. If u prefer peace then only u should look for bunglows near beach.
As after sunset u will not find a single soul for miles and miles.

And sat/ sundays are always beach days:) all markets r open only half day on sat & closed on sundays.
choiceis always urs

Return to Mauritius Forum English