Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Living in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Beitragvon Joe » Mo Nov 27, 2006 11:46

Plannergirl,

if you want to live here only for a short period of time english will do, but if you want to live here longer you have to learn french or creole. Although english is the official language, curretnly only one newspaper publishes once a week less than half of its pages in english and in daily live you'll soon experience that creole or french would do better than english. In TV you will soon detect that language no. 1 is french. Even Hindu TV broadcasts have a higher percentage than english ones, which reflects that the majority of people are of indina origin. Most insurance contracts are ... you already guessed it.. in french.

Just a hint: Try to find out how many woman have got a job in top managment here in MRU.

Gruss, Joe
Joe
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 36

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Di Nov 28, 2006 16:27

OMG
wat do u mean?
my first post is asking for the approx salary in the business sector eg, marketing/sales manager or coordinator.stil no one told me. is that such a hard question?

Its not a hard question but its difficult to answer your question coz I cannot guarantee u that a uni graduate starts on 20000Rs that's all dear.

I am just realistic that's all but I might be wrong. Let's hope I am.

regards

ud
ud

Beitragvon plannergirl » Mi Nov 29, 2006 9:45

oh ok joe, hmm try to find out how many women hv high managerment job....is that a hint to tel me that it's hard for a woman to reach the top in mauritius? im smelling sexism in mauritius. :Q

well, joe, i'm pretty much set that my destination is mauritius because i really love my bf n im willing to deal with whatever condition it is there. im a small town girl, im from an island too, n im not american. so i dnt think that it's gna be hard for me to adapt. i think the language is the biggest prob right now. that's why im enrollling in french class n my bf is helping me out.

as for what ud said, yeah i dnt think 20000/month is yout typical university grad salary, unless i work for some large comapany.of course i hope to get a well paid job but a mediocre one is ok, then ...overtime...with experiences hopefully i can get a better job. :ploppop :mrgreen:
plannergirl
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Mi Nov 29, 2006 12:13

Let's hope for the best then

Good luck with your career!

Regards
ud

Beitragvon Joe » Mi Nov 29, 2006 14:42

Plannergirl,

my first year was a bit difficult, but meanwhile I love it to be here. But as you should have good support by your friend it should be even easier for you than for me.

I also wish you good luck and all the best for your further life in Mauritius.
Gruss, Joe
Joe

Bilder: 36

Beitragvon plannergirl » Do Nov 30, 2006 4:41

thanks ud and joe for ur wishes, i hope everything wud go well too.if it's possible, mayb we can be friends so we can chat on msn :ob .i would love to make as much mauritian frens as possible... :wink) :ploppop

warm regards,
plannergirl :PPP)
plannergirl
encor Basic
encor Basic

Vorherige

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English