Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Landscape Photography

for our english speaking user.

Landscape Photography

Beitragvon MikeB » Di Dez 04, 2007 3:48

hello Everyone,

I am planning a trip to Mauritius to photograph the landscape and was wondering what times of the year are the skies their clearest.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Mike

MikeB
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Do Dez 06, 2007 0:02

Hello Mike,

There are only winter and summer seasons in Mauritius. Since Winter is not that bad as it might sound, you can still get the best pictures all year round. If you come in the January to March period of the year, that's the cyclonic period and you can be certain that you'll get one affecting the landscape. You might add bad weather to your picture collection as well!

Some trees and fruits only flower in Summer though. I'm quite sure others will tell you the same and confirm that there is no such thing as best time of the year in Mauritius.

Dunno if this helps. Don't hesitate to ask for the best places to visit once you've confirmed your booking.

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon MikeB » Do Dez 06, 2007 0:45

Hi Udester,

That information is very helpful. I agree sometimes bad weather makes the best times for photography. I was wondering if the skies are more clear at some times rather than others. sometimes beautiful places like Mauritius have times of the year when the skies can be very hazy. Do you know if this is also true for Mauritius?

When i know my plans I will definitley drop you a note for more suggestions. i really appreciate your kind offer.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeB
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Do Dez 06, 2007 2:07

Hello again,

I won't lie if I tell you that I had to look into the dictionary and confirm the meaning of hazy.... :Q and I still don't quite get it :O) although I can roughly picture what you're looking for.

We've got an amazing mountain range in the West of the island, called the Black River Range. It's got fantastic views of the west coast and an inland waterfall. When it gets a little bit foggy, and this coupled with the effect of sunlight in splashing water gives you a kind of rainbow halo, whatever you call it.

Is that what you meant?

This link is one post of fantastic spots and it has a picture my friend took at the tip of the waterfall near La Ferme reservoir. It's like 45 mins from the Black River Range. The sunset view is awesome...too awesome that the picture didn't come out properly with the camera.

Link to Forum Post

udester
ud

Best season for taking photographs

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Do Dez 06, 2007 8:21

Hello Mike,

I also think there is no particular 'best' season for taking photographs in Mauritius. The two things I think are worthwhile to be mentioned and to be considered are:

The condition of the Sugar cane fields. The cutting season has just finished and there are some places and things that you wouldn't and will not see at all as soon as the plants reached again one meter. Which happens quite fast. Sometimes I have the impression you can actually see them growing... :wink)

Secondly: in summer the whole island seems to flower. There are flowers all year round but during December and January it seems to overboard: Jacaranda, Bougainvilleai, Ylang Ylang just to mention a few are in full flower. There are some alleys - one just around the corner where I live between Mahebourg and Plaine Magnien/Airport - which offers the most wonderful view during these two months.

That's my four cents regarding your request.

Best wishes,

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon thermo » Mi Jan 02, 2008 18:28

Hi Mike,
I am also interested in Mauritius landscape photography, especially from mountain tops. You can have a look at the pictures from my Flickr gallery (link below) for some suggestions. Most of them are geotagged, so you can pinpoint them on the map.

I don't think there is a 'hazy' time of the year, the summers and winters can both be either dry or rainy, but cloud cover can change dramatically during the day, and also depending on where you are on the island.
I personally prefer the Oct to Dec weather, but this is peak season in Mauritius and tickets can cost more. The wettest months of Jan to March are cheaper to fly, but has the additional risk of cyclones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reduit/col ... 587034272/
thermo
moris explorater
moris explorater

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English