Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

How can I find a job?

for our english speaking user.

How can I find a job?

Beitragvon little_mauu » Mo Jan 05, 2009 19:58

Hi!
Me and my boyfriend would like to move to Mauritius, we'd like to start a new life there. But we have some problem. First of all, we don't speak in English perfect, but we learn it continuosly and I think it isn't a big problem. At present I'm an unemployed, before it I worked as a financial assistant for 5 years and then I worked with computers. My qualification is IT engineer but I haven't worked too much time in this, but despite this I have a good knowledge of computers. My boyfriend has been working as a receptionist in a hotel for ten years.
Can you help me? Where and how can we find a job? I think, it's too difficult to find a job on the net. We're considering travelling to mauritius for some weeks to looking for employment agencies, companies and others. All kinds of work interest us.
I like children very much, maybe I'd be a nanny.
I'm 27 and my boyfriend is 28 and we haven't got any children just a cat.
Thanks in advance for your helpful! :flower2)

little_mauu
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Jobs in Mauritius

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Jan 05, 2009 20:19

Hello little Mau-uu,

Sorry but I've got not so good news for you: for a job in Mauritius you need to have qualifications that are particularly needed. Have a look here in this forum, there are already many postings regarding this issue.

In addition there are many locals here offering the same qualifications than you both and in addition they all speak fluent French, English and Creol. Another issue are the salaries here.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but 'c'est la vie'.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon little_mauu » Mi Jan 07, 2009 12:50

Hi!
Thanks your answer, you're very kind! I've written another forum, but nobody answer to me........
Yes, I know, find a job is very difficult without knowledge of languages. I would like to learn it but it's possible just abroad. What do you think? Are there any kind of jobs, where the language knowledge is not too important?
Is it possible, if I'd go there and I'd try to look for a job? Not in my qualifications. For example a nanny, a newsgirl, in a fast-food restaurant, a cleaning woman, a gardener...etc etc etc...
Strange as it may seem that I've a good knowledge of computers and despite this I look for different jobs. But where I'm living, in general it's very difficult to find a job and salaries are very low and lots of people go abroad to work and live......And ever since in Hungary there is a economical crisis, is it more and more difficult. Thousends of people are sent from workplaces and the job opportunities equal to zero....
little_mauu
nouvo
nouvo

JOB

Beitragvon terence » Do Jan 08, 2009 8:43

You can try this sites. I did see a couple of restuarant vacancies.
http://www.myjob.mu/
http://www.orange.mu/annonces/
terence
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon little_mauu » Mo Jan 12, 2009 16:14

Many thanks for your helpful! \:D/
little_mauu
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English