Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

House Alarms/Security

for our english speaking user.

House Alarms/Security

Beitragvon rmim » Mi Okt 19, 2011 23:15

Hi,

Just a quick question, does anyone know how much those alarm/security services cost? - the house alarms where if triggered, a couple of security men will come to investigate.

What is the installation cost? What is the ongoing monthly cost? How many companies offer this service?

Anyone care to make any comments on leaving your home in Mauritius unattended when you go back home? Are there certain areas of Mauritius more prone to break ins?

Thanks.

rmim
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: House Alarms/Security

Beitragvon leftright » Do Okt 20, 2011 13:15

rmim hat geschrieben: What is the installation cost? What is the ongoing monthly cost? How many companies offer this service?

Installation costs differ greatly due to many variables which arise due to the individuals hardware requirements, I would suggest you phone 150 (yellow pages) to source companies which do "home response" security to obtain quotes.

rmim hat geschrieben: Anyone care to make any comments on leaving your home in Mauritius unattended when you go back home?

Never tell your hired help that you're going on holiday.
Get a reliable house sitter, best option, especially if you have pets that need to be cared for.
Take ALL valuables and secure them off site.

rmim hat geschrieben:Are there certain areas of Mauritius more prone to break ins?

I think the areas less prone to break-in are where the ambassadors, prime ministers, and aristocracy live, they no doubt also have armed response security.

Insurance companies will not pay out for expensive items unless they have been specified in the contract and you pay the increased premium for those specified items, they will also decline payment for items which you don't have proof of purchase, receipts, for.

Insurance companies can also decline payment if they deem that your home didn't meet their basic security requirements, establish exactly what the fine print says with regards to this.

If a insurance company can prove that the theft was due to owners negligence they can decline payment entirely.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon rmim » Fr Okt 21, 2011 0:21

leftright hat geschrieben:If a insurance company can prove that the theft was due to owners negligence they can decline payment entirely.

Thanks for the response leftright.

I'm not able to call myself just yet, as I'm not in Mauritius. I was hoping for a rough monthly figure. £50/month? £100? £300? Nothing of great value at all in the house.

As for my alarm needs - I would install my own alarm, I simply need to branch the output of my alarm to their transmitter. Or course they may not accept this.
rmim
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » So Okt 23, 2011 12:17

I don't think your insurance policy (if you have one) would accept that neither. You're better off with the complete protection package i.e buyng the whole kit from the service company and opting for their house surveillance + intervention schemes. WHy don't you just ask for a quote and compare costs a bit.

ud
Zuletzt geändert von ud am Mi Okt 26, 2011 9:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon leftright » Di Okt 25, 2011 13:50

@ ud

ud, could you please edit the above post's quote reference to exclude me from the quote as I didn't write that sentence, rmim wrote it and he alone should be credited with that sentence.

many thanks.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon MartinB » So Nov 04, 2012 20:00

Hi,
depending on the number of doors/ windows you want to secure you have to expect a cost of 20.000 to 40.000 Rupees for the system and the installation. At the higher end you will have door /window contacts, IF motion sensors and glass break sensors as well as a transmitter which connects to a security company.
In case of alarm or an opening at an unusual time they check the premises and/or contact you .
This contract will cost you approx. 1000.- to 1200.- Mur /month.
It´s difficult to say which areas are more or less save than others, as the “bad guys” are getting more and more flexible and inventive.
Martin
MartinB
aide boucou
aide boucou

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English