Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Honeymoon In Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Honeymoon In Mauritius

Postby Graham » Fri Sep 26, 2003 19:04

Just found this board and maybe someone can give me some advise.
I am looking to come to Mauritius around June next year on Honeymoon.
We are not hotel type people and much prefer our independance. So we are looking to hire a villa for about 2 weeks.
Want something quite clean and comfortable. Have done some web searching and have found some villas on the Le Morne peninsula with air con and pool etc. I know this may be a bit remote and we will need a car.
Anybody got any views about this area. I know there are a couple of big hotels on the beach, but we prefer to BBQ or use local restaurants. If you're going to spend it, try and give the money to the residents, I say.

Any other suggestions are welcome. :he()

If you don't ask you don't go and if you don't go you won't know!

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby joana » Fri Sep 26, 2003 23:15

Hi Graham and :welcome)

Good news that you choose our little island for nothing less than your honeymoon :-)

One of the most important information you need is that wind unsually comes from south-east.... :!:
You might think now what the wind has to do with your honeymoon, let me just explain it to you:

June is winter time in Mauritius. In winter the east coast can be cold, therefore: if you want to spend some nice hours on the beach, the better areas are in the west or in the north.

If you don't want to stay too remote (Le Morne is nice indeed, but verrrrryyyyy remote) you have two prinicipal areas:

The first one is the village of Flic en Flac on the west coast. Here you can expect quiet apartment complexes with pools, supermarkets in walking distances, restaurants and a beautiful beach.

The north coast from Trou aux Biches to Pereybere via Mont Choisy, Pointe aux Canonniers and Grand Baie has also a huge variety of self-catering studios and apartments, small hotels, quiet or central accomodation - means everybody finds what he's looking for...

More information needed? You are welcome!

Best regards from sunny Mauritius,

Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Mauritius Forum English