Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

A history quiz, does anybody know??

for our english speaking user.

A history quiz, does anybody know??

Postby Leroy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 13:21

HI Forumers,

I was last October wiv my wife and brother in law drivin´around MTIUS, just for sightseeing, and one thing i´m still wondering:

We were in Souillac ( Souffleur), near Savannah sugar estate, where sea will make very beautiful showers between volcanic rocks,.. beautiful place anyway...
But there was made stonefences ( walls) kilometer after kilometer, like very sharp squares...Who and why those fences has done, anyone know????
There was no houses,plants or exactly nothing( Grass only) inside those fences...?? I even asked from my Father in law, he is been workin´in sugarcanefields, but he hasn´t any idea about those fences....Can anyone of U answer,

With BR, Leroy

content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby ud » Tue Mar 06, 2007 0:59

I've tried to google it but it seems that part of Mauritius hasn't got its satellite images updated which is kind of a shame.

I can't remember where that place is located.

Sorry but a quick guess might be a temporary cattle ground where they feed on the grass or even a patch of land used for horse riding. I recall having seen patches of land used for farming in this area when I was doing my placement in a nearby sugar factory.

Must be from a rich bloke if its got the whole area parametered with stone walls....that's a fact.

Sorry could not be of a help

take care

moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Return to Mauritius Forum English