Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Help with Mauritian budget

for our english speaking user.

Help with Mauritian budget

Beitragvon Daisy » Fr Apr 03, 2009 0:11

Hi all

I'm new here. My husband, I and our two kids (ages 6 and 2) will be relocating to Mauritius within the next two months.

*Edited*

Daisy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon stefan » Fr Apr 03, 2009 7:41

Daisy, it is hard to say. as so many prices are depending on factors.
what cars?
house?
school?
water, with a pool in the house?
what school?
...etc.

But anyhow, if you earn 236 500RS you will have a nice time in mauritius and you will be able to manage very well.
stefan
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon mempep » Fr Apr 03, 2009 11:22

As stephan says, if that's your budget you'll be fine. I thing many of those expenses may be on the high side.

Parabole in December was 1449mr/mth for integral package (everything) so I assume canal is similar.

Electricity you might get near that price if you have air con running throughout the house 24/7.

Bottled water is around 85mr for 6 x 1.5litre bottles at the supermarkets - often cheaper when on sale.

Your budget caters for about 270 litres of car fuel per month, so is on the high side.

You haven't budgeted for housekeepers, gardener, etc.
mempep
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon Daisy » Fr Apr 03, 2009 13:33

Thanks Stefan and Memped.

The budget was worked out as our worse case scenario as we have no idea how much things cost over in Mauritius. Also, we were just trying to establish cost of living to negotiate employment.

Memped, I'm not planning on having a housekeeper or Gardener. :wink)

If someone could provide us with a more realistic budget we would be most appreciative.
Daisy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon locallady » Fr Apr 03, 2009 15:51

Hi
We have lived here for over 10 years and are retired but here goes with some of our budget figures please note these relate to a couple only!!!
Electricity: average about Rs 2500/3000 per month this is without air conditioning when with two units running throughout the night you might expect to pay double the figure quoted above. We have fridge, electric oven, washing machine, freezer, microwave toaster kettle etc plus TV and lighting.
Gas -we have 50kg cylinders which cover all hot water and gas cooking cost runs about at roughly Rs 250 per week.
Food/household items -this is difficult as I do not know your shopping habits but for us buying half and half local and European items I allow about Rs 10000 per month and we eat well!!! This figure includes limited alcohol, cleaning material etc
Water -about Rs 80 per month
Telephone /Broadband again much depends on telephone usage our monthly bill is about Rs 1650 -local calls and broadband -all overseas calls made via Skype
TV we have an English satellite package costing Rs 2200 per month.
We do not employ any help in or around the house.
Trust this gives you some idea .
locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon Shadow » Sa Apr 18, 2009 16:31

Hi All
My wife, 2 teenage boys and I will be moving to Mauritius in two months time. I am finding it rather difficult to google the cost of living in Mauritius. If there is someone who can help me with some of my question I would be grateful.

How much would it cost for a months groceries, (foods, cleaning agents, fresh meat and fruit) for 4

Electricity and water bill – I had in mind around Rs2200

Schooling. I have no idea what to budget. Can any one give me a lead on a website for school. We will be living in Tamarin.

Cost: motor vehicles. Lets say something like a Toyota SUV. I am not sure what vehicle brands are popular in Mauritius.

Housing. Can someone give me a lead again on this : website address for housing process in Tamarin and surrounding area.

If there is anything else that you feel we should know, please feel free to pass on the info,
Shadow
nouvo
nouvo

MONTHLY SALARY

Beitragvon terence » Di Jun 02, 2009 16:34

If company provides accomodation how much monthly salary is required to live comfortably in Mauritius. I read from some other posts that for family of 3 MUR 30,000 is too basic.
terence
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English