Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Help understanding Mauritain society

for our english speaking user.

Help understanding Mauritain society

Beitragvon Awesomatic » Mo Mär 22, 2010 23:01

Good day all,I'm a 3rd year marketing student from Johannesburg,South Africa and I'd very much appreciate your input regarding
an assignment I have regarding Mauritian society.

The brief is to launch Rooibos (a SAn herbal tea) in whatever market of our choice (we chose Mauritius) and therefore develop a concise marketing plan.Please answer the following for me if you can.

(a) Is tea drinking an integral part of Mauritians past time? Is there any group (be it cultural,age or race) that emphasizes tea drinking?

(b) Which groups are likely to afford the tea? A box of 40 teabags retails for around $3

(c) What does your average Mauritian base his/her decision on when buying tea?Price,brand?

(d) Is there possibility of introducing a Rooibos tea flavour that is specific to Mauritius? e.g. a herb,fruit beloved to Mauritians.

(e) What kind of competition would Rooibos face in the Mauritian market (be it herbal or normal tea). What market share do these existing competitors possess?

(f) "Rooibos" is an Afrikaans term meaning "red bush",could it be possible to give it a Mauritian name?What language would it be in?

I realise that these are the most boring questions and answering them will be a task and a half but I'm begging you to help me out here,relying on the kindness of strangers.

Thank you in advance

Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Awesomatic
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Help understanding Mauritain society

Beitragvon stefan » Di Mär 23, 2010 22:02

hi, i enjoy Freshpak Rooibos tea, at only 45rs for 40 tagless teabags [biggrin], from the supermarked here.
100% naturally!

regards
stefan
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon Brofasond » So Mär 28, 2010 0:47

It often happens that students post questionnaires to forums in the internet. I really wonder which effect those postings might have? What happens if two, three, twenty or even forty people give answers? Is that presentable? Is that kind of research named to be academic? I only can recommend you to create a suitable target group fist. As soon as you have defined that group you should select a random sample for any further survey and questioning. Finally you will be able to run your empiric survey.

All the best for your project,
Brofasond
Brofasond
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Beitragvon stefan » Mo Mär 29, 2010 8:49

Brofasond , i believe the homework should not be done in a forum.
you need to search in the government stats, to get a proper picture of goods sold in mauritius and to see each market share.

and the topic title Help understanding Mauritain society is wrong. [biggrin]

sorry, i been wrong with my price,
Freshpak Rooibos tea, at only 45rs for 40 tagless teabags
it cost 60rs
stefan

Bilder: 164

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English