Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Help decide relocate to Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Postby ana » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:58

The cost of living is much higher on the island than in India. Compared to the US, cars are a lot more expensive on the island and yet the quality (on the island) is much inferior. You might also want to avoid living in the North as it is not safe. Before accepting the offer, you might want to visit Mauritius.

encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby harsh.bhatia » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:34

You have been given very fair offer. Some people do think that being a tourist destination Mauritius must of costly but it is not so. Also many people make a mistake by comparing the rates in converted currency. For example if something is costing you three dollars in US, which might be considered cheap in US because you are earning in dollars but if you convert it into INR it might appear costly to you (Rs 120 INR).

Notwithstanding the fact that all the items in Mauritius are imported from different countries, Cost of living in Mauritius is very competitive. It also depends on the type of life-style that you might choose for yourself.

A decent house; normal home-made food; movie on weekend; eating out on Saturday; monthly picnic etc for a family of three people will not cost you more than 1000 Euros per month (that is around 40,000 MUR); though there are families that less than 15,000 MUR per month.

Hence, I think that you have been given a fair offer.

Postby wickus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 20:19

think the only catch in this offer is that you have to work in Port Louis and that there are roundabouts in the middle of a motorway. :wink)

drove through there today (Saturday) at a decent time, and the traffic was appaling. :mrgreen:

Can't say a lot about cars, but normal cost of living like food, clothing is pretty cheap when you buy in the right places.
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Hello Tobe

Postby ankushreg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 13:07

Hello Tobe,

How you doing? I read all your posts u posted inquiring about your shift to mauritius. I would want a favour from you to know about the company you go the offer from i.e. Game Theorem. How is your experience with the company so far? I have read few bad information about the company. It would be really great if you can please share your experience.

Also suggest what would be a decent remuneration i should be demanding lead a good life for a family of 3. (myself mother n ma wife..)

Our Thoughts

Postby dm191072 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 22:41

130,000 pcm is quite good as if you convert it into £ this gives you approx £2,800 a month hence , you will need to find out what would be accomodation cost.

Are you considering to be near the sea side, all of this is to be considered.

BeltinExpress.Com Team

Return to Mauritius Forum English