Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Hello from Jakarta

for our english speaking user.

Hello from Jakarta

Beitragvon han_jakarta » Fr Mai 02, 2008 15:27

I just registered and tried to browse through some postings; found them very informative :-)

My husband is assigned to work in Mauritius for the next 2 yrs. He'll be leaving on the 28th this month and I (hopefully) will join him early August, along with our 2 daughters (9 & 6 yo). We really look forward to start our life in Mauritius

I have tons of questions in my head right now :roll: but my main concern is about school for my children. What options do they have as 'foreigners' (my eldest speaks English rather well but my youngest hardly) ? How is the enrollment procedures? Any tip or information regarding school would mean a lot for me :he()

Terimakasih... thank you so much!

han_jakarta
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon axel » Sa Mai 03, 2008 15:30

Hi, use the "Serch" option, there is some information regarding international schools
Axel
Die Sonne scheint mir auf den Bauch - das soll sie auch (Heinz Erhardt)
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
axel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 5

Hello to Jakarta

Beitragvon MmeTortue » So Mai 04, 2008 10:39

Hello to Jakarta!

It would be good to know where in Mauritius you will be based. There are several people here in forum with kids who might be able to help but your location should be known beforehand.

Best wishes,

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Hello from Singapore :)

Beitragvon archie1810 » Di Mai 27, 2008 9:51

Hello... we are also from Jakarta, but I've been working, living and struggling in Singapore since 8 yrs ago :)

Do you have some information so far or any homework you've done regarding the school for kids? Perhaps would you like to share with me please? I have 4 n 3 yrs old sons, will be schooling in Mauritius, as we will need to relocate there for working from the same company...

I guess, we hv to communicate in English, even though we can communicate in Indonesian language :)

Thank you in advance.

Rgds,
Archie
archie1810
encor Basic
encor Basic

Mauritius School

Beitragvon han_jakarta » Di Mai 27, 2008 10:40

Hi Axel, Mme. Tortue & Archie..

Thank you so much for replying to my posting. I used the search button and found tons of interesting information.

We have also browse through some school sites, e.g. www.ips.intnet.mu and Alexandra as I am looking for an elementary school. We are in the middle of applying (online) to IPS for both of our children but since it's almost June already, we would be in the waiting list.

Early morning tomorrow my husband will be leaving for Mauritius to start his assignment. When he get there and find an apartment for us, I guess the picture will be clearer, what school is available and feasible for the girls.

Archie, when are you going to start you assignment in Mauritius? Look forward to get to know your family. Please stay in touch.

Salam... kind regards to you all,
/hanni
han_jakarta
encor Basic
encor Basic

Well... in 10 days for GO or NO GO

Beitragvon archie1810 » Di Mai 27, 2008 11:15

Hi Hanni,

Thanks for the tips.
Btw.. the search button in this website I assumed?

So I guess u can speak/read French or others then? As I believe only this forum is in English? Or I might be wrong... never try to hit that Search button though... :O)

Well, within 10 days, I hv to give a go/no-go to my big big boss up there, so he can proceed to dig some fundings to relocate my family n me over there in Mauritius...

And yes.. my decision will be pretty much depends on whether my wife can practice in Mauritius, and my Children education is good over there, as they are now in Singapore schooling, in Nursery and Kindergarten.

Thanks again... and yes, we'll be in touch, here at least as the common ground before we reach our destination there :wink)

Cheers.
Arch
archie1810
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English