Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Hello! Couple of questions from a first-timer to mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Hello! Couple of questions from a first-timer to mauritius

Beitragvon Lee » Fr Mai 06, 2005 0:06

Hello everybody,

my husband and i are planning our first trip to mauritius in July. We are on the brink of booking, but have just been receiving bad info about the weather in July. We want lots of sun and heat; can anyone tell me iof mauritius is cool at this time of year and what to expect?

Was also trying to decide between Heritage or Legends resort. Am leaning towards Legends now as it seems closer to activities. In reality though, how close is legends to anything outside of the resort, and what distance is it to grand Bay?

Can anyone advise if there is a difference in the weather on different sides of the coast.

This will be a big luxury holiday for us, so we want to get it right!

Thaks in advance for any advice

Lee
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Stony » Fr Mai 06, 2005 12:15

Hello Lee,

A general comment on the weather: July is wintertime in Mauritius. This means certainly not the big heat. Daytime temperature in the coastal regions are in the mid to end 20s, evening temperatur can be fairly cool. So it would not be a bad idea to bring a sweater or jacket to wear for dinner. Clearly the best time to go to Mauritius is between October and December. So if you want to spend a lot of money, I would suggest to travel later in the year (if possible).

Also, in July the weather is normally better on the west coast rather than the east coast. However, since the hotels you are considering are far north and south, I would think that you could expect a fair amount of wind as well. The wind can make it a bit unpleasant sometimes (which you can have all around the island this time though).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Tony
Don't Drink and Navigate! &
Skype don't type ;-)
Also - wenn Sie DAS Lesen können brauchen Sie keine Brille .......
Stony
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 27

Beitragvon Lee » Fr Mai 06, 2005 13:39

Thanks a mill for that. Don't know what to do now! Can't go later in the year unfortunately. Might have a look at hotels on the west coast,
thankks again
Lee
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Tommy » Fr Mai 06, 2005 15:16

If you consider the westcoast, the Le Victoria is one of the places you might consider. At www.tripadvisor.com you will find a quotation in english posted by me. We have stayed there for 3 times now and are absolutely satisfied with the hotel. We will go there next year again.

Best regards

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy

Bilder: 79

Beitragvon Lee » Fr Mai 06, 2005 19:21

Hi Tommy,
thanks for that! Funnily, an estate agent just suggested le Victoria to me, trying to find out more about it. Doing a search in tripadvisor after this.

Agent also recommended Shandrani on the south-east, as she said that 2 of the beaches are well protected and if it is windy in july, it won't be a prob there. Also got quoted a good price on it.
Anyone any views on shandrani?
Lee
nouvo
nouvo

weather

Beitragvon sukrrauh22 » Mo Jun 27, 2005 14:18

Hi!

I am travelling to Mauritius at september 24th.... I will be staying untill 8.10. What do you guys think is this too early for sunny weathers.. I am looking for sun and warm weather. :cool:
sukrrauh22
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon axel » Mo Jun 27, 2005 14:37

Check out this weather datas:

Mauritius Climate
Axel
Die Sonne scheint mir auf den Bauch - das soll sie auch (Heinz Erhardt)
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
axel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 5

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English