Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Grand Gaube in May?

for our english speaking user.

Grand Gaube in May?

Beitragvon diver69 » Mi Apr 25, 2007 14:05

This post comes as a follow-up to one I previously started with regards to comparing the West and the East coast during the month of May in terms of diving and weather/sea conditions for a couple traveling with a 4 year old child. From the replies to that post it seems that the West coast seems a slightly better option for the month of May (particularly for the part that relates to a 4 year old child who likes to make sand castles) although the East coast remains a viable option. This brings me to the following question: weather-wise (i.e. in terms of winds and waves) is Grand Gaube subject to the same conditions than the whole of the East coast in May? In other words, is Cap Malheureux the real turning point when it comes to being protected from the prevailing winds and rougher sea in May in the northern part of the island?

Thanks in advance for all of you who will take the time to offer their advice.

diver69
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Gerard » Fr Apr 27, 2007 13:49

Hi Diver,
The weather in may is pleasent everywhere in Mauritius in may with daytime temperatures of 27-29 degrees celsius on the coast line. The southeast trade winds prevail more or less all year round but as it gets cooler in the months of june, july and august, it makes it feel considerably colder( wind chill effect!) even if in real terms the daytime temperatures rarely drops below 20-26 degrees on the coast. It is true that the east coast is more exposed to these winds which may increase in intensity due the presence of anticyclones which are more frequent in winter.
Grand Gaube is on the northeast coast and I am certain that the weather will suit your needs in may. To be certain however, I would still recommend the west coast due to the fact that it is always sheltered and usually gets much less rainy days compared to the east and the central plateau.Please bear in mind that Mauritius is a very small island and you can travel to any point in about 1 hour.
Regards, Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Grand Gaube in May

Beitragvon diver69 » Fr Apr 27, 2007 21:20

Thanks a lot Gerard for your precious comments.

:ploppop
diver69
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Gerard » So Apr 29, 2007 1:46

You're welcome, glad to have been of some help :-)
It will be my turn to go to Mauritius in october and I will probably be staying at Flic en Flac,
Have a nice time,
Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon ud » So Apr 29, 2007 15:03

Hehe,

Gerard I'm jealous now!!!!

I guess it will be next year for me as I will be working this summer!

Enjoy

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English