Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

GRAND BAI

for our english speaking user.

GRAND BAI

Beitragvon TAKETHE5TH » Mo Feb 13, 2006 19:56

What is this area like i read on this site somewhere that it is not a good area to holiday...why ?

TAKETHE5TH
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon OJ » Mo Feb 13, 2006 21:46

Hello,

I will be there (hotel Le Canonnier) for a week at the beginning of March. So, I could furnish you with some first hand information after my return. I will be back as of 19 March, so if you would like to, just send me a message reminding me of giving you a short report.

Greetings from
OJ
OJ
content partagé
content partagé

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon Bartek » Mo Feb 13, 2006 21:55

hi,

just returned from Grand Baie area and couldn't agree that it's not good for holiday. Generally, it depends on the kind of traveller you are. If look for quiet, peaceful place, you should search somewhere else or, at least on outskirts of GB (for example in Ocean Villas or other hotels in this area). However, if you'd like to have everything available close to you, this is the place.

That's true that beaches over there are not the best (to tell the truth none of the beaches we saw on Mauritius is "beautiful" and we saw almost all of them), but it is very good start point for short trips to Mont Choisy, Pereybere and other nice beaches. GB offers also great variety of restaurants, pubs and shops. If you're on self acommodation, it's very important. You'll find there lots of car rentals, diving centers, banks and other services.

Best regards

Bartek, www.tropikey.com
Bartek
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 6

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English