Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Girls, be carefull, if you travel with "Air Mauritius&

for our english speaking user.

Girls, be carefull, if you travel with "Air Mauritius&

Postby TroiRos » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:43

! READ -WHAT HAD HAOPENED TO ME! Just recently I travelled from Mauritius to one of the European cities with “Air Mauritius” airlines. During my flight I suffered from migraine, and asked cabin crew for assistance. Flight purser, Mr ( somebody ), WHO called himself ( anybody ), provided me with some medication. He also gave me a lot of compliments, brought me additional drinks and food. He asked if I would like to meet him for coffee later after we landed, he also took my phone number. I agreed as I felt thankful for the service provided on board.
Next day Mr ( somebody ) rang my cell phone to inquire about my health and invited to catch up for a drink later. We met in a bar for a drink where he introduced himself, told me about his work, his hobby and his private life. ( anybody ), introduced himself as a recognized instructor of martial arts back in Mauritius. He mentioned he was the president of very famous martial arts organization in Mauritius. The flight purser sounded very excited about his martial arts and later invited me to his hotel room to watch a few videos from his martial arts training. I agreed, as he was very friendly, nice and calm.In the hotel room his behaviour changed. He talked about his “love affairs” he had in Malaysia, India, Australia, Honk Hong, France, Germany, England, Italy, Switzerland, Mauritius, etc. Mr ( somebody ) sounded like a womanizer trying to get a woman in each city he was flying with his job. His target was Caucasian females. According to his own words, he meets lots of girls whom he uses to satisfy his sexual desire and then he gets rid of them. He shared many stories about intimate relationships on board with passengers and crew staff.
Mr ( somebody ) also offered to have sexual intercourse with me. Since I did not agree and wanted to leave the room, he pushed me towards his bed and wanted to remove my clothes. He became physical, raised his voice and called me rude and obscene names. Later I received a few text messages where I was insulted again for rejecting his sexual advances. He was abusive to me both verbally and physically. “Air Mauritius” happens to be my favourite airline, however considering the above mentioned facts, I will fear to fly with it as I do not trust anymore the cabin crew who on the surface can be very nice and polite yet abusive and rotten on the inside.

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby JürgenW » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:50

Hi TroiRos,

You had a had experience with a man, ok: not good. But what has Air Mauritius to do with your experience? Your experience was purely on the private side of live; he didn't accused you on board of AM. So why do you throw mud on Air Mauritius?

Air Mauritius surely cannot take care about what their employees do in their free time. Or would you be happy if your boss decides what you are allowed to do in your free time? This is a free country, and just as a sidenote: YOU went with him into his hotel room by your own will! Thus you're responsible for what could happen.

Just my two EuroCents...

servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Postby ud » Thu Nov 23, 2006 14:16

Absolutely right that you are a bit responsible here,

The person offered to help you and that should have been it isn't it?

You are responsible for your actions, a couple of drinks with him e.t.c

We all feel bad for what has happened to you but its not Air Mauritius's

fault if you've been treated like this by a womaniser off duty.

A womaniser remains a womaniser and stuff like this happen everywhere!

Don't get me wrong and I hope you understand. This does not mean that

Air Mauritius is bad or Mauritian men are womanisers or along this line.

You need to be more careful and more sensible!

moris forum membre a'élite

Postby Joe » Thu Nov 23, 2006 16:06

I agree in that Air Mauritius can't be held responsible for this incident, but I would suggest that TroisRos informs Air Mauritius about the behaviour of one of there employees. From my point of view this guy definitely has misused his position as a member of the cabin crew and has taken advantage of the fact that TroisRos had suffered from migraine and needed help.

TroisRos, on the other hand was it a bit optimistic to go with a guy you know less than 24 hours and whose personal context is completly unkown to you, to his hotel room to watch videos, isn't it ?
Gruss, Joe

Postby ud » Thu Nov 23, 2006 17:54

Yeah do inform Air Mauritius

We don't want people doing such stupid things spoiling the

reputation of our country.

Postby Courts » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35

How silly to go back to the hotel room of someone you don't know? The warning to girls should be to do the exact opposite of what you did - Don't accept drinks from someone you don't know, don't give out your phone number, don't meet a stranger in a bar and don't then agree to go back to their hotel room.

What did you think was going to happen? He was going to make you a nice cup of tea, show you his martial arts moves and then walk you back home?

I just hope you've learnt your lesson and you never put yourself in that kind of situation again.
encor Basic
encor Basic

Postby locallady » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28

Sorry but I cannot see why Air Mauritius is to blame. If you are stupid enough to do what you did then the only one at fault here is you-
moris explorater
moris explorater

Postby wickus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:37

as they used to say in another forum:

Solid first post :mrgreen:

Postby nypy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:02

well, there is always 2 sides of story, one we have heard, if it happened just like she told, my opinion is :

that crew member was very big author, because he had official status in MA , normaly you have to trust all air line company members, because they have that much power over all passengers , so he take a advantage from his work and situation of illness , ask phone number, when he was on duty.

no one air line don't aloud that, i think .

if that was happened in some restaurant or beach, then it's different case.

came to my mind, how MA test their workers before they get job and what are their instructions for behaving on duty, to crew members......

perhaps we think here in north different

content partagé
content partagé

Air Mauritius

Postby MmeTortue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 13:31

Oh, give me a break! This old story again... Since 1996 I fly every year about 10-14 times with Air Mauritius and never, ever did anybody approach me in an indecent manner.

Read the very first posting again and tell me: would any of you have given your phone number just like that? Well, I wouldn't

Mme. Tortue

Info Mauritius Annonce

Return to Mauritius Forum English