Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Flying to Mauritius - which airline?

for our english speaking user.

Postby nelle » Sun Oct 02, 2005 21:39

well, i do not know british airways, till now i always flew air mauritius - and the seats didn't seem at all to be narrow. even if my legs are rather long ...

but try to get some information about the size of the seats of the airlines, usually they are given on their website, in a brochure you can order or maybe the travel agency will do that job for you.

i really can strongly recommend air mauritius!!!

see you,

moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby Deported » Tue Oct 25, 2005 22:09

chino wrote:Damn, i have just booked an air france ticket return for £250 (inc taxes) but it sounds like i should have not! :::(

How and where did you get such cheap flights to Mauritius? I've got a wedding to go to in February and I'll put up with bad service if I can get it 400 pounds cheaper than what I've found so far.

Upgrade of flights

Postby Tashi3 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 22:22

We are getting married / honeymooning in Mauritius next September. We are flying with Air Mauritius and were thinking about upgrading to business class for either one way or possibly both. Although it's not massively expensive it is still a fair few quid extra was wondering whether it's worth the added expense. If anyone has been business class would like to hear what you reckon.
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

Postby ZahoOL » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:00

For People in UK , Cheap Flights will be available from BA (round £500) in bout two weeks from now.
KotZot - Mauritius Friends Network
moris explorater
moris explorater

[B]British Airways[/B]

Postby TJS1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 16:40

Hi all :pp)
I am flying out to Mauritius 16th Dec (for 23 nights) from Heathrow with BA. I am flying in economy & have the opportunity to select my seat on the plane.
Any hints on good (and bad) seat numbers? Also what should I expect in the way of food & drink, entertainment etc?
Any help will be welcome.

p.s. any other singles on the same flight? :wink)

Postby Jojo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 22:35

I would be interested where you got the tickets for £250 as me, my husband and family are returning back to Mauritius to live. Yes don't mention Air France they don't tell you about strikes they just do it. We went with Air France/Air Mauritius and they were very helpful. Air Mauritius part of the flight was the best. Our lugage got held up for 3 days :mad: : at Paris because of a late flight from LHR. But Air Mauritius/Immigration came to the rescue :ploppop telling us we could buy items of clothing and they would pay upto RS1600 each. The holiday was fine my husband didn't come out of the water till late even in Mauritius wintertime something you can't do really in the UK unless to are asking for trouble OH well. Looking forward to being with my family and catching up on the gossip and cuisine in Port Louis.

Postby stone_rose » Tue Jan 17, 2006 19:19

BA can be quite strict with the luggage weight allowance. If you are going on holiday and not bringing alot of weight then go for BA. However if you are going to see family in Mauritius and you are bringing everything but the kitchen sink then Air Mauritius is good except for the narrow seats.
moris explorater
moris explorater

Postby PrincessCaz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 0:56

I'm flying with air france! what's so bad about them?! I'm really scared now, and i'm flying solo... and i'm a nervous flyer!!! urgh!

Postby Marco Polo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:20

I'm flying with AF too. They were the only airline with reasonable prices during the Easter holiday period. BA, AM, LTU and Condor were much more expensive. Another advantage is that they have scheduled flights daily, so one can add an additional weekend to the holidays by taking off on friday and returning on sunday.
Marco Polo
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Postby axel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:48

no need to worry, AF has in the eyes of most of the people here in this forum not the best service or the most place. But this has nothing to do with security issues.

Have a nice flight
Die Sonne scheint mir auf den Bauch - das soll sie auch (Heinz Erhardt)
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Info Mauritius Annonce

Return to Mauritius Forum English