Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

excursions

for our english speaking user.

excursions

Beitragvon Bartek » Mo Okt 03, 2005 19:57

hi,

we (me, my wife and 5 years old daughter) are going to spend 2 weeks on Mauritius in February. I'm starting to plan our time on the island and wonder what to choose, organised excursion packages offered by my hotel, or self-organised trips with help of local taxi drivers. I received couple of offers from my hotel, i.e.:
a/ ile aux cerfs - 1 day incl. bus shutle, boat shuttle, visit to waterfalls, lunch on the beach, speedboat,
b/ catamaran cruise, Ilot Gabriel - 1 day incl. catamaran, snorkeling, BBQ lunch, transfers,
c/ south west tour - 1 day incl. glass blowing factory at Phoenix, volcano at Trou aux cerfs, Curepipe, Mare aux Vacoas, Grand Bassin, Alexandra Falls, Chamarel, Casela Bird Park, lunch and entrance fees excl.
All above for 109 Euros pro adult and half of this for child.

What do you think about such a offer? Does it sound o.k., or is it better to organise the same on my own? Are all of those excursions worth of going for?

I'll be grateful for your opinion.

Best regards

Bartek

Bartek
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 6

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Tommy » Mo Okt 03, 2005 20:14

Hi Bartek,

is that 109€ pp for each of the trips or for all 3 together? If it is for all three trips together, it sounds ok, otherwise it is way far to expensive.
Check this:
http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum/alb ... ic_id=3454
It`s one of the local organizers based in Grand Baie. We used his services several time and were always absolutely satisfied. 100 Rs are about 3€.

All the best

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 79

excursions

Beitragvon Bartek » Mo Okt 03, 2005 20:35

hallo Tommy,

the price I mentioned is for all three excursions. I'll check out the website you suggested. Thanks!

Bartek
Bartek
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon nelle » Mi Okt 05, 2005 13:36

hi bartek,

if it's the first time you'll be staying in mauritius, i think it's the best to join some excursions - to get a general view about what's on the island. even if usually there is not too much time to stay at one place, as the tour operator shows a lot of places in one day. after such a trip, you can visit the places you liked best again - on your own and take you time to enjoy them.

the price you mentioned is quite ok for all the excusions together!!!

c u,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon anne » Fr Okt 07, 2005 23:56

Hi Bartek

*the prices by a local taxi driver are always for the taxi up to 4 persons you stay only with your family in the car, on not in a group

*day tour 1500 rs - 42 Euro
the tour in the south west is great.

*a catamaran tour to the Ile aux Gabriel is arround 1000 rs/person,
booked by a local tour operator.

*more than this tour , I prefer the swim with dolphins with Alain,
also 1000 rs /person

kind regards anne
anne

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon Bartek » Sa Okt 08, 2005 0:42

hallo Anne,

yesterday I searched through your website for information on excursions and came to conclusion, that it's better to take a taxi instead of group trip. We won't be limited with decisions of tour operator and will be able to stop in the places which we want to see. I hope that the taxi driver which you mentioned on your website, who seems to be someone reliable, will be available at the time we're on Mauritius. Fortunetaly, we're going there by the end of January, so there's plenty of time to get in contact with him.
Anyway, thank you for your post and for your www site, which is a deep source of information.

Best regards

Bartek
Bartek
moris explorater
moris explorater

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English