Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Emmigrating to Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Emmigrating to Mauritius

Beitragvon Zahr » Mo Jan 29, 2007 9:17

My husband and I were fortunate enough to spend our honeymoon in Mauritius - with a big loan from our bank ofcourse. I will never forget it. Your country made such an impression that we are thinking if emmigrating. I have been to the government website, but do not understand what I have to do. I need to know firstly how to go about applying for citizenship or a work permit. Also, what is the laws on animal travel - we have neutered cats! If there is somewhere that I can go and check what jobs are available, that would be great. My husband is a programmer / web developer and I am a Channel Controller for Imports into our country. I do the clearing through customs. I honestly hope that I would hear from someone with some good advise soon. My baby is due in June and we want to start making plans for next year already! Yes, I am a planning freak! :wink)

Zahr
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mo Jan 29, 2007 18:53

Hiya Zahr,

I'm really glad that you've enjoyed your stay and wishing to emmigrate to Mauritius.

Although you've been on the website, you might have missed those. They are the pdf versions of the act and contain the relevent info on Emmigration, Citizenship and PR. They are only a couple of pages each and should be easier to read through and understand!

http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/dhasite/m ... 6a12acRCRD

Someone asked me about moving their pets before and I didn't have the answer. I only know that they need to be quarantined, registered by the Mauritius SPCA and vaccinated. I hope someone else confirms this.

There's a website veronique posted some time ago I didn't check. IT in Mauritius has supposingly been revolutionised with jobs across many sectors and fields. Programmer/sDevelopers are sought after!

http://www.jobseek.com.mu

I hope this helps

Kind Regards
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Zahr » Di Jan 30, 2007 9:25

i:() I am so glad that I received a reply so quick after posting. Thanks for that. I have gone and checked out the sites you have suggested and they have been informative. I just need to read the Immigration Act carefully - will get back to you if there is any questions. I have also gone to check on property rentals - they seem quite steep. Would you suggest to work through an agency or direct with the owners? I will on this side try and contact an animal transport agency and ask them if they know of the specifications that Mauritius has for animal transport into the country. Thanks for all your help!

El
Zahr
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Di Jan 30, 2007 14:50

Zahr said:

have also gone to check on property rentals - they seem quite steep. Would you suggest to work through an agency or direct with the owners?

You might want to consider both sides to make sure you don't need anything. it will cost you though...

If you're considering liasing directly with owners you should do so in person I guess to make sure the deals are genuine....Oh yes I've said it!!!

There are some fraudsters as well in Mauritius.....just like anywhere else..

Hope this helps. Keep us up to date and post any of your findings concerning the pet thingy. It might help other people browising the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
ud

Beitragvon Bee » Mi Feb 06, 2008 14:05

Hi There
I found this link for pets

http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum/pos ... ply&t=3770

Customs

PET REGULATIONS - All animals need (a) Import Permit from Ministry of Agriculture & Natural Resources & the Environment, obtained in advance; (b) health certificate from country of origin. They must be declared to customs on arrival and landing is allowed if (a) and (b) agree, otherwise animals must remain on board. Quarantine for dogs and cats is six months, for birds it is three weeks. Dogs and cats from areas where rabies has occurred in the last 12 months are prohibited. Further information from Ministry of Agriculture Division of Veterinary Services, Reduit, Mauritius - Tel 00(230) 454 1016-17/637 Fax 00(230)240 4479 www.mauritius.net.

I hope you find it helpful
Bee
:ploppop
Bee
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English