Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Eating out/ weather/sea temp/mozzies/ocean villas...

for our english speaking user.

Eating out/ weather/sea temp/mozzies/ocean villas...

Beitragvon katpw64 » Do Aug 02, 2007 19:09

Hi,
I'm going to Mauritius for the first time 1st September for 1 week, have always wanted to go, but the 5* hotel scene just isn't our thing, I always think you could be anywhere in the world if you stay in one of those. Anyway, found ocean villas, looks nice, hope so.... Are there plenty of places to eat in and around Grand Baie, approx prices would be helpful also.
Likewise, the surrounding beaches, Pereybere, Mont choisy.... Or are there others I should know about?! Are there beach huts or are they quite close to places to eat, get a drink etc?

Should I get mozzie repellent here or is the local stuff better?
I hope it will be nice and hot and sunny, and I will get a good tan. Will the sea be warm enough to swim/snorkel at this time of year?
Any other tips/info greatly appreciated. :cool:
Thanks a bunch,
August can't go quickly enough!!

katpw64
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Ken » So Aug 05, 2007 1:04

Grand Baie is one of the busiest tourist places in Mauritius, you won't be able to complain about the possibilities to go eat out there and around this place. You can get everything, from your very cheap (1€ or so) boiled noodles (Minne Boilles or something like that) from the guys standing at the street corners (should try it, I'm hooked on it ;-)), to your average 10€ spaghetti at Paparazzi, to an expensive 5 course menu in other places.

Since you're saying the 5* hotel scene isn't your thing I'm thinking you're a bit of an adventurer? If so you could rent a car for a (day or 2) and follow the coastal road, going east from Grand Baie and look for the nice less tourist beaches.
Ken
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon ud » So Aug 05, 2007 21:18

Hi katpw64,

It seems like you're worrying yourself too much!

Satisfaction is guaranteed! You'll get a sun tan and will feel the warm waters on your skin!

If you're living in Grand Baie, I would advise you to try the Western Coast, and go down South via Black River ranges and Chamarel (more than 7 coloured earth).

Next time you can try North and Eastern parts. There are really interesting places to see. Your hotel will supply you with a proper map and all the information so no worries about that.

Things you definitely need to see

North: Pamplemousses Garden

West: Chamarel coloured earths, Chamarel Falls, Black River Ranges, Rochester Falls, Tamarin, Le Morne Brabant.

South: Souffleur and Roche qui Pleure (Breathtaking Cliffs), L'aventure du Sucre (the sugar factories and liquor making)

East: Belle Mare, Waterpark, Ile aux Cerfs

This link gives you a description:

http://www.maurinet.com/placef.html

One last thing: Don't bring too much clothing. You can buy all types of clothing at bargain prices in Port-Louis Caudan Waterfront and other towns if you're visiting!

Hope this helps

Stop worrying!

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Gerard » Di Aug 07, 2007 1:20

Hi Katpw64,
I stayed at Ocean Villas and really enjoyed it, there are lots of restaurants at Grand Baie and the food court near Super U supermarket is great too for a snack during the day. Grand Baie is about 1 mile from Ocean Villas but you can get a taxi at any time for only a small fee. The daytime temperatures will be around 28 degrees celsius with only occasional rain showers. Here is a link to the photographs I took when I stayed there:
http://www.info-mauritius.com/forum/alb ... cat_id=228

Below is link for a foretaste of beautiful Mauritius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GbHqujLBjE

Have a nice holiday,
Gest Regards,
Gerard :)
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon katpw64 » Di Aug 07, 2007 17:25

Thanks very much for the replies. I'm counting down the days now!! Will definitely be hiring a car to get about a bit. I don't know why I worry so much, can't help myself! :lol:
Cheers all,
Kat :wink)
katpw64
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English