Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

East coast or west coast?

for our english speaking user.

East coast or west coast?

Beitragvon lelehaine » Fr Nov 14, 2008 0:03

Hi guys, i'm planning a vacation for the first week of december, and i have to choose between 2 locations: Flic en Flac on the west coast and Trou d'eau Douce on the east coast. I read the topic of Charlie Brown asking for the weather of the first 2 weeks of december, and there are useful informations about both coasts, but i have just a week and unlike him that is visiting both, i have to chose one of them. Looking at the climate page it seems to be more rainy on the east coast, is it true? The fact is that the hotel on the east coast is 30% cheaper than flic en flac, but i'm not sure about the weather.
Which one would you suggest me?

Thanks a lot!

lelehaine
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ewa » Fr Nov 14, 2008 11:40

Hallo,

you should contact Mdm. Tortue here in the forum, she lives on the east coast.

ewa
Schmerzen lindern O H N E Chemie
-------------------------------------------------
wer nicht reist, kann nichts erzählen
ewa
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 317

Beitragvon ud » Fr Nov 14, 2008 13:25

Hello lelehaine,

Since you're only coming for a week (-1day recovery from jetlag) I recommend Flic en Flac because of its easy accessibility and it being nearby to the city (45mins) and Grand Baie 1hr (the tourist hub). It's got a decent beach.

If you're looking for peace and tranquility, choose the Trou d'eau douce route. This village on the coast is like 15-20 mins from the Airport. It might not be rainy at this time of the year but it is usually windy on the East coasts. Saying that you can still travel to Blue Bay 15-20 mins (nice beach) and access most facilities from Mahebourg.

It's only my advice,

You will come again

Regards

udester
ud

Beitragvon lelehaine » Mi Nov 19, 2008 13:13

Thank you guys!
I decided for Flic en Flac.
I'm sure it will be great :)
Any other suggestion before the flight?
lelehaine
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Marco Polo » Mi Nov 19, 2008 14:44

Pereybere and Troux aux Biches are also good places to be. In P. you can find cheap appartements to rent. :ploppop
Liebe Grüße Marco Polo
Marco Polo

Beitragvon ud » Mi Nov 19, 2008 20:02

Hello lelehaine,

I still can't understand why you've limited yourself to those 2 places but since you've already made up your mind, then I hope you enjoy your stay.

You still need to bear in mind that travelling between Flic en Flac and Trou d'eau Douce only takes an hour; just wanted to give you an insight as people tend to forget how small Mauritius is.

Enjoy your stay.

Regards

ud
ud

Beitragvon lelehaine » Do Nov 20, 2008 0:59

ud hat geschrieben:I still can't understand why you've limited yourself to those 2 places.
You still need to bear in mind that travelling between Flic en Flac and Trou d'eau Douce only takes an hour

Generally I would totally agree with you, as I love to move around places, to see as much as I can, spend 2 nights in a place, 3 nights in another and so on, but this time I had no choice. This time I got an all inclusive flight + village package from a tour operator, which I never did before. The fact that surprised me a lot is that if I would have got just the flight ticket it would have cost me not less (or even more) than the whole package. Maybe that's because Mauritius is so far from Italy, maybe tour operators get special prices from airlines.

Anyways it doesn't mean I won't travel around the island, but I will likely sleep always in the same hotel, and I wanted to chose a base location in a good area, just in case a day i'll be tired and i'll like to relax on the beach of the hotel

By the way, any suggestion about renting a car? how much is a fair price for a week?
lelehaine
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Marco Polo » Sa Nov 29, 2008 15:02

I'd say $150 per week is a fair price for a small car. Big ones double price, at least.
Liebe Grüße Marco Polo
Marco Polo

DH CAR RENTAL MAURITIUS

Beitragvon ameldubois » So Jan 11, 2009 10:04

Hello

I recommend Flic-en-Flac. Trou deau douce is nice but very remote in the East.
As for me I booked a car and drove all around Mauritius. It was very nice and impressive. Try CAR RENTAL MAURITIUS for very good deals and a great service. They even do personalized car deliveries around the island.
ameldubois
nouvo
nouvo

Re: DH CAR RENTAL MAURITIUS

Beitragvon axel » So Jan 11, 2009 12:30

ameldubois hat geschrieben:Hello

I recommend Flic-en-Flac. Trou deau douce is nice but very remote in the East.
As for me I booked a car and drove all around Mauritius. It was very nice and impressive.

Amelbudis,

welcome to our forum. 3 posts u did, 3 times advertising to car rental. Thats not the way it works. All posts edited.

Axel
Axel
Die Sonne scheint mir auf den Bauch - das soll sie auch (Heinz Erhardt)
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life (Monty Python)
axel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 5

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English