Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Custom's and entry control at the Mauritius Airport

for our english speaking user.

Custom's and entry control at the Mauritius Airport

Beitragvon Devora » So Mai 18, 2008 15:36

Hello! I am Devora, a woman of Bulgaria! In July, 2008 I will visit a Mauritius for the first time. My visit would be personal. I have a letter of invitation from someone in Mauritius and round-trip ticket, and passport of course. I will fly with Air France.

Would anyone of all you be so kind to give me an info about Mauritius Airport custom's and entry control just before to be granted with 14 days visa ? What I should fill in ? What I will be asked for ? What I will be check-in for ? What is the attitude of the custom and airport staff to the woman from an Eastern Europe who travels alone ?

Thank you in advance! Any coments or replies are appreciated!

Best regards,
Devora

Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Bilder: 3

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon kantor » So Mai 18, 2008 22:36

Immigration: If your paperwork is complete, you'll encounter no problems. You should be able to produce some kind of evidence where you stay in Mauritius including a phone number.
Customs: As everywhere on the world they will look for goods of high value and illegal substances.
kantor
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon Devora » Mo Mai 19, 2008 1:43

Thank you, kantor! :ploppop
It seems I will enter this nice country without problem, cause I will cover all requarements of the Immigration and Custom officers. :-)

But I would appreciate if someone foreigner is willing to share his/her entry experience with them. :he()
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon Devora » Mo Mai 19, 2008 2:26

I forgot to add something:

First, I am a new to this forum, but happy I found it! i:()

As I will fly alone, is there someone who will fly too on 3rd of July, 2008 through Air France ? I will be glad to meet/joint to passenger/s who will travel to Mauritius on that very day ! You may drop me a msg here to exchange more flight details. :ploppop
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

@Devora

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Mai 19, 2008 14:14

Hello Devora,

As kantor already wrote: if your paperwork is complete and you do not carry any unwanted goods or substances you'll be okay. As for the procedure:
Already on the plane the flight attendants will hand out an immigration form which you have to fill in and sign. On this form you will be asked where you stay which is important; as kantor already wrote the immigration officers would like to see a phone number as well (that is if you are NOT staying in a hotel but privately).

After arrival first station is Passport control where you also have to show your return ticket; they will return the white immigration form to you which you have to hand over to a guy at the next station: Health control. Only if you spent some time during the last six months in an area where infectious or tropical diseases can be found (Africa, Asia) they will ask for your whereabouts and visit you the next day to take a blood sample.

However as you are from Poland (and I assume haven't travelled to any tropical country within the last six months before your arrival in Mauritius) they will not want your blood... and do nothing but keep the white paper.

From there you're walking one floor down on a long ramp and you're in the dangerous paradise of the Duty Free Shop. Dangerous only for your money of course... However if you intend to buy champagne, wine, whisky or any other alcohol it's more practical to buy when you arrive in Mauritius than at an airport in Europe.

Just beside the Duty Free area is the baggage belt where your suitcase will (hopefully) arrive. When all your luggage has arrived you're allowed to walk outside passing the customs control officers who usually do not stop any tourists.

So keep cool regarding the immigration and customs procedures and have a lovely holiday!

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Devora » Mo Mai 19, 2008 16:19

Mme. Tortue,

Thank you very, very much for detail and helpful reply! I love this way of answering - precisely, specific and concrete. :ploppop

It is not of first importance, but just to let you know I am from Bulgaria, not from Poland. Well, both countries are in Europe, but mine is one of the Balkan state. Very beautiful country as well! :-)

Of course I will have no inlegal goods with me, and thanks for reminding me I have to write in my diary the address and phone number where I will stay. I was informed I will stay at Flic and Flac (I am not sure I wrire it correct). Hope this place is good enough.

About procedure at the Airport was exactly what I expected to hear. Thanks!
As I will have a connecting flight from Paris to Mauritius I do believe my suitcase will arrive to the final destination. And no daubt my visit will remarcable and memorable. I am sure one day I would wish to come back! :cool:

Please, let others feel free to write me here if someone will fly to that time. I know there is time, so meanwhile I believe there will be other passagers on the Board. :-)

BTW, is it true that when I will be introdused to the natives I will receive kisses on both my cheeks as a wellcome gesture ? Here we have a handshake when we meet people. :-)
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon ud » Mo Mai 19, 2008 21:52

Hi Devora,

Welcome to the forum. Yeah the greeting in Mauritius involves kissing on both cheeks. The handshake gesture is more for a man to man greeting. So this is no big deal as there are some countries where they hug atleast 3 times and kiss on top of that. I wouldn't mind that though with the opposite sex.... :mrgreen:

Bon Voyage

udester
ud

Beitragvon Devora » Mo Mai 19, 2008 22:51

Thank you, ud!

Are you like the father of this forum ? Thanks for wellcome greeting!

About kiss, it will be a little strange for me. But, let me come and I will see how it will works with me. :-)

Another question arise. It is about Internet connection there. Are bad weather conditions like heavy rain or cyclon cut off Internet ? Could it be reliable Internet connection, maybe wi-fi or through Sattelite ? Is it expensive ?

Devora
Have a big dream, take small steps.
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon ud » Di Mai 20, 2008 3:30

Hello again,

No I'm not really the father of this forum...whatever that means but anyway Internet is not something we pride ourself with simply because our Internet Connection and Costs simply sucks. Our broadband packages are through the phone lines (ADSL), so depending wether the lines are down, this will have a resulting effect on the Internet. With regards to wireless possibilities, there is a service through a company called "Nomad" which covers main parts of the island. Last time I was in Mauritius, I've heard people complaining about the service. You're looking at around 150Euro monthly for a 1Mbps ADSL, the smaller ADSL package starts at 40Euro...which is crap!

Anyway I hope this helps. Ohh there are Internet cafe's around the island and in Grand Baie I think (Grand baie is like the tourist village of Mauritius)

You should't really worry about those things.

Take Care

udester
ud

Beitragvon Devora » Di Mai 20, 2008 23:37

Thanks, ud!

By saing "father" I had in mind that you might be one of those here who took good care and paied attention to this forum.

Greetings,
Devora
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English