Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

cost of markets & cheap kids chrissie presents

for our english speaking user.

cost of markets & cheap kids chrissie presents

Beitragvon jen » So Nov 23, 2008 8:58

Hi - we will be in Mauritius for Christmas and my little boys first birthday, staying for 5 weeks. would it be cheap enough to buy little things for my 4 and 2 year old to play with at markets etc? Or am i better off taking stuff for them to do??

jen
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Birthday pressies

Beitragvon MmeTortue » So Nov 23, 2008 11:34

Hello Jen,

Don't carry all that stuff from Australia to Mauritius and back. I'm sure you will find some suitable (and cheaper) presents here. Where exactly are you going to stay? Maybe someone here in the forum with kids can give you a recommendation where to look best.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon ud » Mi Nov 26, 2008 12:06

Hello Jen,

For your information, there are a couple of stores around the island but specific toys stores are found in the towns located in the middle of the island itself. For example, there's a Toys R Us store in Phoenix and some other toy stores in Port-Louis but they are not easily accessible unless you are prepared for some dedicated shopping in the city and around the waterfront. My advice is to bring the ones they really fancy with you and then complement with any ones they fancy in Mauritius.

Some people think that toys cost cheaper in Mauritius but they'll be surprised by some price tags although we import most of them from China.

Hope this clarifies things a little bit,

Best regards

ud
ud

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English