Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

cost of living

for our english speaking user.

cost of living

Beitragvon Fleure » Mo Okt 08, 2007 15:19

Hi all, and thanks for a great forum.

I am relocating to the flic en flac area, together with my spouse soon and would like to have some honest indications of the cost of living if you cook yourself and perhaps have a restaurant meal once a week. What is a reasonable amount to calculate with, for two adults? Someone mentioned Rs4.000-6000 per month on food only. Is this really enough?

Many thanks for any help.

Fleure
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mi Okt 10, 2007 21:26

I think you should double this amount now as over these last couple of months, items -especially the most common consumables- have undergone a huge price rise.

So I would say for a couple: Put like Rs10000 spare and that should really cover the Food and the weekly treat to the resto.

I leave it to others to add their comments as I've not been to Mauritius for 2 years now.

Best Regards

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Fleure » Do Okt 11, 2007 16:45

Thanks for your reply. Is there a special reason for the "huge price rise", since you write "the last couple of months" ... has something affected the region and if so, what?

Thanks for any help.
Fleure
nouvo
nouvo

Price rise

Beitragvon Gerard » So Okt 14, 2007 15:57

Hi Fleure,
I think that the price hike is due to market forces and to the current strategy adopted by the chancellor in situ to improve the island's economy. The price of fuel has also generally risen steadily in Mtius too and this has direct repercussions on the price of consummables. However, even after taking this in consideration, the cost of living on the island is still considerably lower than in europe.
Regards,
Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English