Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Connecting flight to reunion at MRU airport-TIME NEEDED?

for our english speaking user.

Connecting flight to reunion at MRU airport-TIME NEEDED?

Beitragvon sandroid » Do Jul 11, 2013 20:09

Hiya! :)

I will be traveling soon to Mauritius for a 3 week holiday. I am spending the 1st week in Reunion, so when I arrive from my flight to MRU I will catch a connecting flight to Reunion straight away. I need to buy the second flight MRU-Reunion pretty soon and I am wondering, if I need to pick up my luggage and go through customs and check in my luggage again, then how much time do you guys think I should plan between my arrival time to MRU and the flight departure to Reunion? I am not sure how long the customs/immigrations formalities take...

Also does anyone know if my first flight is with Emirates and my 2nd connecting flight is with Air Mauritius, will Emirates offer me the possibility of sending my luggage directly to Reunion (as the 2 companies operate together often) ? This would avoid me having to pick up the luggage at MRU and re-checking it in again..So definitely awesome if there's a way to make it happen!

Thanks so much in advance for any replies!!!! [nyam1]

sandroid
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Connecting flight to reunion at MRU airport-TIME NEEDED?

Beitragvon wickus » Do Jul 11, 2013 20:45

Maybe try to check on the web sites of Air Mauritius or Air Austral, a french airline operating between the islands here. I think they should be able to give some information on this.

Btw. my cousin made it another way, came here for a week, then a week reunion, and the last week back here. Advantage can also be, depending where you stay in Mauritius, that you don't have to carry too much luggage, if you can leave some in Mauritius.
wickus
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon Titus » Fr Jul 12, 2013 15:40

Mostly your luggage will be checked thru (at least, when it's a straight, connecting flight, on one ticket), if you ask for it at the leaving airport.

Time for plane change in Mauritius is rather short and the companies are pretty flexible. If you miss your flight, they'll put you straight away onto the next flight.
it even happenend to me, that I showed up too early at Mauritius airport for the flight to Réunion (or better: I showed up at the suggested time: 2 hrs before take off) - and at the check in they put me on another flight leaving 1hr earlier.
So, if you don't take the last flight of the same company for that day, I do not really see a problem.
Titus

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon tanien » Di Aug 27, 2013 19:58

Hi!

I am planning to do the same thing, and am somewhat concerned if there might be any cons doing so; I'm hoping you guys can assist me [twiddle]
Would it be a problem entering Mauritius twice in a two-week period (once from Amsterdam and once from Reunion -we are Dutch citizens and do not need to apply for visa)?

As we will book two seperate flights with non-partnership airlines I am aware of the fact our bags will not be checked thru, but as we will not officially be in transit, does this also mean that on arrival on MRU we need to go through customs as "arriving passengers" first, get our bags from baggage-claim and then need to go through the check-in procedure for our onward flight to Reunion?
And will 4hrs be enough to make it?

Normally customs would wanna see a booking-confirmation for a hotel, but as we plan to have a connecting flight to Reunion we can only show our onward ticket, could that be a problem?

Sorry for all the questions [pardon] I have emailed the embassy a while ago but haven't heard anything, and I would really really like to book my flight!

Many many thanks for any replies!
tanien
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Titus » Mi Aug 28, 2013 10:31

tanien hat geschrieben:And will 4hrs be enough to make it?

Yes
tanien hat geschrieben:Normally customs would wanna see a booking-confirmation for a hotel, but as we plan to have a connecting flight to Reunion we can only show our onward ticket, could that be a problem?

No problem.
tanien hat geschrieben:Sorry for all the questions [pardon] I have emailed the embassy...

eeuuuh,.... and you didn't think about asking the airlines?
Titus

Bilder: 2

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English