Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Child vaccination

for our english speaking user.

Child vaccination

Beitragvon Roman1 » Fr Nov 07, 2008 18:00

Hi guys. Does anybody know what the situation with child vaccination is in MU? I mean, are they (vaccinations) mandatory? Any place in the internet where I can have a look at the laws? I know that you don't need anything if you come as a tourist from a country without yellow fever, but as we are thinking of moving to Mauritius, this becomes a serious issue to me. Sorry if the question is stupid, but there are countries where these things are mandatory (like France, Belgium, etc).
Thanks for any answers and for the forum in general.
Roman

Roman1
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Vaccinations

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Nov 10, 2008 7:53

Hello Roman,

Some vaccinations are mandatory but I don't know any further details. Why don't you try the Ministry of Health? You'll find their contact data on the web at

http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/mohsite/m ... aa0208a0c/

Best wishes,

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Roman1 » Mo Nov 10, 2008 11:39

Thank you, Mme Tortue. I'll contact these guys in ministry of health.
Another question on the topic - in some countries, where vaccination is mandatory (like Ukraine, for example), it is very easy and cheap to get medics write that the injections have been made, while in fact they haven't. Do you know if it is possible in Mauritius? I've heard that Mauritius is a relatively low-corruption country, but may be it is not the case (at least with medics :).
Thanks a lot,
Roman
Roman1
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Mo Nov 10, 2008 12:09

Hello Roman1,

It is really worthwhile to get proper vaccinations especially when you're

coming to a tropical country.

The climatic change can be quite too intense for the immune system to cope with and as a result you europeans are sometimes prone to diseases e.t.c and it takes a while to recover.

Don't take the risk. Your stay in Mauritius should enjoyable and stressfree!

Regards

ud
ud

Beitragvon Roman1 » Mo Nov 10, 2008 14:04

Hi, ud, thanks for the advise, I know all that theory. Still, it is a decision we've made after reading through a ton of info, so that's the case. If you (or anybody else) could help me with understanding this issue (i.e. dealing with medics), I would be very greateful.
Regards,
Roman
Roman1
encor Basic
encor Basic

@Roman

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Nov 10, 2008 14:41

Hello Roman,

I've never done it and I will never do it - bribing that is. In addition I wouldn't risk the health of my child but make sure it gets all the proper vaccination.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon Roman1 » Di Nov 11, 2008 12:04

Hi, Mme Tortue. Well, looks like you are lucky to get anything from doctors without giving them a bribe - in Russia, in most of the cases, they'll not go further than taking your temperature without you bribing them. Anyway, the situation with most deseases (except for malaria and chiguangunia, I believe) is very similar in Russia and in MU. Therefore, if people survive perfectly without vaccines in Russia (usually much better than with them), I think this should be the case in MU as well. Thank you for all the answers anyway, I'll have more questions in the future :)

P.S. The ministry of health is keeping a low profile, they got the email from me yesterday, and haven't even read it yet. Usual thing with burokrats.
Roman1
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon nypy » Mi Nov 12, 2008 0:27

i think A and B hepatites are necessary
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon Roman1 » Mi Nov 12, 2008 18:22

Thanks nypy. I only wish I could see it in legal documents (like a law, for example) somewhere. Russian doctors very often claim that vaccination is mandatory in Russia, although it is not for more than 10 years now.
Roman1
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon nypy » Do Nov 13, 2008 3:06

if you are coming from europe, you don't have to take any vaccinations, but i recommend those 2 , because you can get those from food, drinks, earth or almost everywhere
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English