Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Cell phone rates

for our english speaking user.

Cell phone rates

Beitragvon Nix » Mo Mär 26, 2007 17:14

Hi i am moving to mauritius in a couple of months. This forum has really helped me with loads of info! THANX!!

Can anyone please help me with cell phone rates. I have been on the emtel website but I can't find rates anywhere. Which service provider is best and why?

Nix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon nypy » Mo Mär 26, 2007 22:40

i saw last week some commercial there, it was 5,? mur/min
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 27, 2007 0:28

Huh???

5MUR/min.....This mobile phone rate is too high unless it is the rate from mobile to landline.

Well I don't really know which actual mobile phone service provider is the best at the moment but I can tell you that I was using CELLPLUS.

I've heard from a friend that Emtel and Cellplus have the same cent per second rate for same network calls to mobile but CELLPLUS has more customers and thus more geographical coverage.

I'm not sure if that means better network. But it should be Okay.

I would have chosen the CELLPLUS network if I were you.

$$$$UPDATE$$$$

CELLPLUS

CELLPLUS RATES (Prepaid Cards)

A screenshot for the lazy ones :HEHEHEHE :mrgreen:

Bild

EMTEL

Emtel data without rates Grrr!!!!!

Emtel doesn't even mention anything on its website and this kind of makes me angry :mad: :pp) :Q :!: . But anyways....this already gives you a clue on which one to choose right?

Kind Regards

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Ken » Di Mär 27, 2007 1:37

I've used Emtel, I do have to say their service is great :ploppop also the 3G service they provide is very cheap and gives a stable internet connection.

I know mauritians who either have Emtel or Cellplus and haven't heard any complaints so I think it doesn't really mather.

As for how much you'll spend, I bought about 3, 150 MUR cards a month (let's say 500 MUR/month) and I did call and text message alot, I was a popular guy in Mauritius ;)
Ken
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon Ken » Di Mär 27, 2007 1:39

Ow yeah, if I remember correctly it's something like 0,28 MUR/SMS just to give you an idea
Ken
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 3

GPRS?

Beitragvon Baltimore » Di Mär 27, 2007 10:28

Hi

Thanx for the info.

What about GPRS though? I heard that Emtel is the only operator supplying GPRS services? Is this true and what are the rates?

Thank you
Baltimore
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon vincent » Mo Apr 23, 2007 10:22

Ken hat geschrieben:Ow yeah, if I remember correctly it's something like 0,28 MUR/SMS just to give you an idea

People on which planet are you living, we need to get back to reality.
The sms rate is at 0,60 MUR/SMS.
vincent
nouvo
nouvo

Re: Cell phone rates

Beitragvon JoKi » Mi Apr 25, 2007 19:58

Hello,

Nix hat geschrieben:Can anyone please help me with cell phone rates. I have been on the emtel website but I can't find rates anywhere. Which service provider is best and why?

I'm using both providers - Cellplus and Emtel (2 SIMs) - there's no real difference.

With Emtel you got 4.5 Rs per 30s to foreign countries. Cellplus don't know, but should be around 5 Rs.

There is never a 'best' in general but only one that fits best to your needs. One little annoying thing w/ Emtel is that you have to activate pre-configuration for intl. calls. If that's active then you don't need the 030 prefix dial number. The reason for that is federal regulation. But just it's just a toll-free call at Emtel and half an hour later is actived.

Done this two times.

While writing this article I'm online w/ Emtel 3G services. Really nice and fast.

Sincerely, JoKi
Cheers, JoKi
JoKi
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Bilder: 1

Hi, a question on GPRS

Beitragvon Suraj » Do Apr 10, 2008 16:07

Hi,

I am travelling to Mauritius in May for my honeymoon and staying at Wolmar - flic en flac. I wanted to know if i can get sim card with GPRS so that i can surf the net from my Phone. I have a Windows Mobile 6.0 Phone.

Also back home in India I hook up my mobile to my Laptop via usb and use internet sharing feature on my phone to get the internet on my laptop. That way i have mobile internet on my laptop.

Is it possible to get a GPRS card and also do the same in Mauritius, Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Suraj
Suraj
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Do Apr 10, 2008 16:32

Hi Suraj,

Just for your information, there are 2 service providers in mauritius:

Cellplus and Emtel. I must admit I don't have the latest information as I'm away.

Here is the GPRS link for Cellplus:

http://www.cellplus.mu/services/gprs_2.htm

I don't know about Emtel but here is a link of the services offered:

http://www.emtel-ltd.com/services.php?category=30

Bear in mind that setting up the service might take a while and it might not be worthwhile if your honeymoon is a shortstay.

Anyway, putting this aside, I don't see how the term "Honeymoon" has got anything to do with mobile technology. Just enjoy your holidays with your wife and make the most out of your stay.

Sorry wasn't much of a help. Hpefully someone might add to this post:

Congrats and Best regards

udester
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English