Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Can any one suggest living cost in mauritius please

for our english speaking user.

Can any one suggest living cost in mauritius please

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Do Mär 22, 2007 20:27

Hi ,

I need help .. I am planning to relocate to mauritius for couple of years.
I have got a job there..

I wanted to know how much would a decent and nice but not very costly home cost ( yes a furnished one) .

How much would it cost for a 27 year old male to live in ..

Any ideas?????

Ramit

Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Do Mär 22, 2007 22:31

Ramit

Do u atleast know where your workplace is located?

House prices do vary considerably depending on locations...town or village or coastal region.

People will help you provided you give basic details.

take care my friend

Kind regards

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Fr Mär 23, 2007 8:49

Hi
Sorry for that .
My Office is on Royal Road , Cassis.
Would taht help . I dont mind staying in place that 20 to 30 mintues distance from my office.

Does thath info help ?

Ramit
Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Sa Mär 24, 2007 14:45

Ramit,

I assume that you will be working in the IT field as a software engineer or programmer at a salary let's say....20000MUR minimum but correct me If I'm wrong because its just the IT is the only field I've seen all Indians with work permits go into up to now.

Renting a 2 Bedroom House shouldn't be that expensive and should be around MUR5000-6000 monthly.

That's how "cheapest" houses for rent looks like: huh under 5000MUR
Bild

Bild

image courtesy of Paul Darb

Bear in mind that Cassis is 15 mins-20 mins from the city of Port-Louis and being in an urban area, there are municipality taxes to pay. MUR5000 per annum.

Electricity, Water and Telephone and Internet Bills = 1500MUR per month

Living Costs: Food Cost depending on the number of members in your family but can change drastically if you have a baby. Baby stuff is quite expensive: Nappies e.t.c. I would put MUR 5000 aside for that.

Now if we add Other items and accessories, toiletry e.t.c a to that, fair margin of safety, amount will be 7,000MUR for living purposes (couple with baby maybe??).

Now regarding the car. Assuming that you will be going for the most driven and cheapest 2nd hand car, say a Toyota Yaris (akA Vitz) or a Nissan march (aka Micra) you should put a budget of MUR275000-300000MUR aside for a year 2003-2004 car.

Bild

Bild

Petrol driven, putting 5000MUR per month should be enough to run your car depending on your travel itinaries of course.

Well I guess I've just barely covered everything. Some people might disagree with my ideas (as a 22 year old student) especially on the fact I tend to use WORST CASE SCENARIOS. I personally think worse case scenarios give a more realistic approach to things and thus you should have no regrets if things go wrong later assuming that based on those facts, you would have already thought about ALTERNATIVES.

Kind Regards

ud
ud

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Sa Mär 24, 2007 22:21

Hi ,
First of all thanks for the reply .. It does give me a idea of things there..
Yes very true.. I am into IT . Many Indians are in IT industry ..
Its nice creative satisfaction with nice money .. so no reasons.. for not being there..
The houses u showed in pics are a bit frightening . I am not used to live in such kind of houses.. You say 5k for those houses.. I am fine spending
10k on my appartment or a nice stodio appartment ( furnished) with some small garden or something ( if i am not asking much in 10k ). All though i am single but i like to live in a properly furnished home.
Would 10 k is good for that ..Any site or a url where i can see what range of houses for what kind of annual rent .. that will be of great help :)

what is the tax structure there.. what all is taxed .. ????

Thanks.
Ramit
Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Sa Mär 24, 2007 22:27

I said those houses are what to expect for under MUR5000 per month. :Q

Decent and properly furnished apartment or 2 bedroom houses should fall in the price range MUR5000-MUR6000 pm

MUR10000 should be enough to afford you a nice and decent place to live but I don't know your way of living because obviously the more you spend the less you save and on top of that you are alone.
I would have thought you are here in Mauritius to actually save money......
ud

Beitragvon Ramit_Saroop » Sa Mär 24, 2007 22:46

HI ,

Everyone saves.. so will i .. after doing that also i ahave enough to save.. :)
if i get a good house less than 10k i am more than happy .. My idea of living is .. u live in a clean house.. sufficiently equipped...
have a decent car..
there is no other expense of mine.. no drinks , no gambling ,.. nothing ..
so except car and home its gonna normal monthly misc exp.. .

:)

u gave a site name.. it does not show rent and all .. houses seem to be good.. paul.darb.net

Thanks
Ramit
Ramit_Saroop
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English