Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Arriving the 26th

for our english speaking user.

Arriving the 26th

Beitragvon sandman » Do Sep 01, 2005 7:52

Hi everyone,
My soon to be wife and I will be arriving on the 27th for our honeymoon.
I would like to do some fishing whilst there but I;m not really interested in deep sea fishing and would prefer to go out with some locals.
I have heard that this can be arranged, does anyone know if this is the case?
I'm looking for some of the best beaches in mauritus, any ideas?
What about food, what are some of the nicest places to eat?

thanks you for your help,

Jason.

sandman
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon nelle » Sa Sep 03, 2005 11:36

salut sandman-jason,

to think about a nice restaurant : where will u be staying in mauritius ???

unfortunately. i do not have any experience with going out for fishing - but i would go to the beach and ask some mauritians ...

salaam,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Fishing

Beitragvon Guinness » So Sep 04, 2005 18:05

Hello Jason, I will also be over in Mauritius for 2 weeks starting the 20th Sept. I am staying in a private villa on the south west coast.

Apparently there is a small boat with an outboard motor with one of the staff from the villa who will gladly take us both out, that's If you can drag yourself away from the "wife"!! (it'll be easy for me to get away from mine!) :beer)

If you are interested drop me a line and i will organise a few hours fishing for you

cheers
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Dean Martin
Guinness
encor Basic
encor Basic

Bilder: 5

Beitragvon ZahoOL » So Sep 04, 2005 19:22

Which one you prefer? Lake fishing or Sea Fishing?
ZahoOL
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon sandman » Mo Sep 05, 2005 3:22

Guiness,
thanks for the offer. I think I might take you up on that. I'm staying at La Maurica but I will have a vehicle so travelin shouldn't be a prob.
How can i get in contact with you?

ZahoOL,
I like any type of fishing as long as they are biting. I would say that I prefer sea fishing though.
sandman
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon creativa » Mi Sep 07, 2005 17:58

Hi everybody! I am also very interested in sea fishing! I found some guys in Grand Baie (http://www.sportfisher.com/rates.htm) who provide charters for deep sea fishing. However I have one question. Their price is around 14 000 Rs per boat for a half day trip plus 2 000 Rs for each fish that you bring to the boat (and relese it after that). Is this extra budget (2 000 Rs) normailly and everywhere to be paid? Thank you for all answers!
creativa
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ZahoOL » Do Sep 08, 2005 6:04

http://www.bluedynamite.mu/english/menu.html , Bluedynamite is a good place for DSF (Deep sea fis..)
ZahoOL
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon creativa » Do Sep 08, 2005 12:22

Thank you ZahoOL! What about deep sea fishing in Mauritius? Which place would you (or anybody else) recomend? Oh yeah...And how much is the flihgt from Mauritius to Rodrigues? Thanks and have a nice day!
creativa
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon nelle » So Sep 11, 2005 13:19

hi creativa,

for the price for a flight from mauritius to rodrigues check the homepage of air mauritius. i think it is something about euro 100/150 for a return ticket.

rodrigues is a nice place to stay, it is really calm and quiet, only a very, very few tourists. tourism just is beginning in rodrigues. compared with rodrigues, life in mauritius is rather quick, stressig, ... there are some small hotels, you also can get appartements. it depends what you prefer. anyway, i think it is best to stay in the north, port mathurin or anse aux anglais, it is easier to take the bus from there for travelling around. in the south you just find the "ebony hotel". but as far as i remember, i saw a boat of bluedynamite around this hotel. so it might be the right place for you to stay.

so long,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English