Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

approx amount for a 1 yr lease on a house in Port Louis

for our english speaking user.

approx amount for a 1 yr lease on a house in Port Louis

Beitragvon goulden » Mi Apr 18, 2007 18:38

Need to get an amount for a 1yr lease on a house in Port Louis and the same in the countryside
Much thx

goulden
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mi Apr 18, 2007 18:58

Hi goulden,

If you could give more details about the type of house you're actually looking for, I'm sure people might help.

Most of the newspaper and adverts are in French and someone needs to translate it to English if there is one that might suit your needs!

Best Regards

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon goulden » Mi Apr 18, 2007 20:02

Thanks for the reply.

Ideally we would be looking at 3 bedroom 2 bathroom with air-conditioning, in a good area. accesible to Port Louis.

Goulden
goulden
nouvo
nouvo

house rental

Beitragvon goulden » Mi Apr 18, 2007 20:55

Much thanks
I read and write basic french...where can I get a listing on line from local newspapers on house rentals....or do I need to get a hard copy of a newspaper.
Much thanks again for your reply...the above question if answered would really help, as accommodation on line is mostly for tourism.
Await
goulden
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Mi Apr 18, 2007 21:37

Hiya!

Try that one....

http://www.lexpress.mu/petites_annonces.php

I assume that you will be working in Port-Louis. Well just wanted to let you know that it only takes around 45 minutes to reach Port-Louis by car even if you're staying in the town centers so you might as well want to consider properties in Rose-Hill, Beau-Bassin, Quatre-Bornes e.t.c. Try to get a copy or look online for a map of Mauritius and try locating these places. They might look far on the map but they are actually well within travelling distance by car......

The towns and cities are not that far apart as like here in England you know and its sometime awkward that you folks imagine "far" to an extent.
Well just to give you a small insight (I've already said that before in another post), it takes like 1hr-1hr30mins to travel from the opposite cardinal ends of the island and like 3 hours drive to circle the island!!!!

So yeah...try the link and we'll see. Ohh I nearly forgot, sometimes Estate Agents deal with renting properties. Its a professional like service (Well business like) and its safer than dealing in private if you know what I mean. I'll try looking for some links and post them later.

I need to prepare tea now.....dunno what to cook...any recommendations?!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards

udester
ud

Beitragvon Gerard » Mi Apr 18, 2007 22:08

Hi there,
May I suggest that you check out the following site:
www.servihoo.com
There is a small ads section for houses/appartments for rent all over the the island,
Good luck in your search, I am sure there will be a choice of accomodation which you may consider.
Regards,
Gerard
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon ud » Mi Apr 18, 2007 22:09

Thanks Gerard

Yeah forgot that servihoo thingy....
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce