Webcam Mauritius
Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

for our english speaking user.

Postby sukrrauh22 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 16:14

Can someone tell me about animals, fish and BUGS in Mauritius. Any links or pics are wellcome.
Are there the biggest cockroaches in the world? Are they common in hotels? And they fly?? :shock: I think madagascarroaches are the biggest? and do these live in Mauritius also?

What animals live wild there? exotic animals..... like turtles etc.
Are fish in the sea dangerous? and are there sharks?
Tell me everything..... i:()

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby Hook » Mon Jun 27, 2005 18:34

As for the bugs, I suggest you visit the Zoo at "La Vanille", as they have a large collection of different insects, including the giant roaches (they are not alive there, but dried and pinned to the wall).

In good Hotels you normally shouldn't have roaches - in cheaper places you can have some. But these big Madagascan roaches live in the forest anyway. Never seen one while there.

There are giant turtles, but it's best to see them in the zoos. In La Vanille you can actually touch them, feed them, children can ride on them and so on.

I don't know too much about the sharks, they are not near the beach (as there's a big reef around the island). But I know that there are some poisones fish, like the stone-fish, which can sting, when you step on it. So it's better to were slippers when walking in the water.

content partagé
content partagé

Return to Mauritius Forum English