Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Re: American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

Beitragvon leftright » Sa Sep 18, 2010 17:31

gregjkel hat geschrieben:Hey

Just founfd this site, i am contemplating moving my family to mauritius, can you offer some feedback on the place besides the paradise, need primary and secondary schools for the children.

Regards

Might I suggest that you start a new thread, within this forum, you'll be far better served by it.
This is a complex subject, which has many variables, perhaps by starting a new thread it'll be more visible to those that do have kids in school. Bare in mind that schooling varies from government to private, as anywhere else.

This is indeed a important topic and I'll be eager to read the replies.

Best wishes with your endeavours.

Zuletzt geändert von leftright am Sa Sep 18, 2010 18:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon leftright » Sa Sep 18, 2010 17:40

ud hat geschrieben:
stefan hat geschrieben:when both of you gone write a book about it? [mocking] , but please together [good]

Where did you read "leave" in his post leftright? What's your excuse of not misquoting people now, huh?

Does it change the meaning and intention of his post at all, I think not, you're grasping at straws.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon leftright » Mi Sep 22, 2010 10:31

To ud and Gerard

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/se ... idge-delhi

A fine example of where dishonesty in business gets you, ruins, rubble and a trashed reputation.
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon BobR » Di Nov 02, 2010 13:57

As a visitor to Mauritius I have never found a problem with locals charging a little more for tourists. We can afford it better than most. I liken it to bartering in the marketplace and have found that a smile can lower the price by up to 20%
BobR
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Devora » Mi Nov 03, 2010 16:14

It is all about people. I would recommend everyone to make a survey in advance what kind of people (majority) live here and who are they. It will prevent you to be frustrated, disappointed and get deceived by this sunny country. Thanks for sharing your experience, rKennedy01.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Art2design
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon thermo » Di Jan 11, 2011 1:34

ud hat geschrieben:Some write ebooks about their "real life findings" and sell them as did a previous member from this forum while others blog their "daily life findings" like this gentleman.

As I purchased and read the ebook, to be fair, the book did contain useful information for someone who was thinking of making the move to Mauritius. It really wasn't a diatribe against Mauritius, it -did- have value.
thermo
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon thermo » Di Jan 11, 2011 1:57

ud hat geschrieben:Mark Twain, Trip Adviser, Thomas Cook and loads of well renowned people already did and new books come out every year. Do I need to write more to prove my point? [angel]

Apart from Mark Twain, what interest do the organisations you quote have in writing about Mauritius?

ud hat geschrieben:Tell you what, they might as well write an ebook and try to sell it like a previous forum member did. He only got a few buyers....a curious handful of people from this forum. [blush]
udester

- monne achete ek monne lire livre la, dire moi ki ena curieux avek ca Sherlock?
- "few buyers", to ena exacte chiffre pou nombre livres li finne vende?

Take better care with your implied innuendos, ud.
thermo
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Di Jan 11, 2011 18:53

thermo hat geschrieben:
ud hat geschrieben:Mark Twain, Trip Adviser, Thomas Cook and loads of well renowned people already did and new books come out every year. Do I need to write more to prove my point? [angel]

Apart from Mark Twain, what interest do the organisations you quote have in writing about Mauritius?

ud hat geschrieben:Tell you what, they might as well write an ebook and try to sell it like a previous forum member did. He only got a few buyers....a curious handful of people from this forum. [blush]
udester

- monne achete ek monne lire livre la, dire moi ki ena curieux avek ca Sherlock?
- "few buyers", to ena exacte chiffre pou nombre livres li finne vende?

Take better care with your implied innuendos, ud.

Oh dear, did I struck a nerve somewhere that you hold a grudge against me or what? So you want to get personal? OK then, so do YOU have the astronomical number of ebooks he sold then? Please enlighten us if you do.
If you bought and read the book, then good for you. What did you learn? Please also enlighten us on this aspect. If you also learnt to read my post's sentence you quoted, you would understand that it reads that he got a few buyers from this forum. In what way have made any mention to the total number of books he sold or the exact amount or even how flourishing his business is?

Regarding you question - What interests do organisations have in writing about Mauritius? Does trip advisor make any money from keeping track records of tourists' previous experiences and knowledge sharing? I think not.

With regards to Thomas Cook I can understand, it's to promote a tourist destination and make money. Tell me one thing then as you so called me Sherlocks, why don't they promote other african countries like Somalia for example?

So instead of making personal judgements about people, learn to treat people with respect and keep your sarcasm for yourself and yes I do have made some posts about bad things happening in Mauritius.

Today I was shocked to watch on the BBC what happened to a famous Irish lady strangled in her hotel room. Do you realise how this will escalate and affect the image of Mauritius over the coming days?

Well enough for now

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Joe » Di Jan 11, 2011 20:11

Ud,

the tragic murder case of Michaela Harte is still under investigation and the best info I have got so far is here:

http://www.defimedia.info/articles/1499 ... Page1.html
Gruss, Joe
Joe

Bilder: 36

Beitragvon thermo » Di Jan 11, 2011 20:24

ud hat geschrieben:Oh dear, did I struck a nerve somewhere that you hold a grudge against me or what?
ud

Take a chill pill ud, read the post again when you ain't so worked up.
thermo
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English