Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Re: American Ex-Pat Blogging From Mauritius

Beitragvon stefan » Do Sep 16, 2010 22:24

when both of you gone write a book about it? [mocking] , but please together [good]

stefan
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon leftright » Do Sep 16, 2010 23:32

stefan hat geschrieben:when both of you gone write a book about it? [mocking] , but please together [good]

YAY !!, the mods are on the scene, [help]
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon locallady » Fr Sep 17, 2010 7:14

@ leftright

[/quote] locallady wrote:This is a developing nation and those who find it not sufficiently developed or who are unable to accept it should perhaps think about moving out."
[/quote]What do you really mean with that statement ?. Are you implying that because Mauritius is a third world developing country that dishonesty is acceptable ?, I think you do your brothers and sisters a grave injustice with that statement, and according to your statement, if I don't like the dishonesty I should move out, is that how issues of dishonesty and corruption are resolved, by turning a blind eye towards them ?.

I am not implying any such thing-all I am saying that given the status of Mauritius there are certain things which do not work in the same way as they do in developed nations and this can be frustrating! You are the one who automatically thought I meant dishonesty-you obviously have a problem if that is what you read into my statement.
locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Fr Sep 17, 2010 11:01

stefan hat geschrieben:when both of you gone write a book about it? [mocking] , but please together [good]

Mark Twain, Trip Adviser, Thomas Cook and loads of well renowned people already did and new books come out every year. Do I need to write more to prove my point? [angel]

I think that person I've been replying to does. Tell you what, they might as well write an ebook and try to sell it like a previous forum member did. He only got a few buyers....a curious handful of people from this forum. [blush]

udester
ud

Beitragvon Gerard » Sa Sep 18, 2010 0:28

To Locallady and Ud,
I would not give rkennedy01 and leftright ( who are obviously the same person ) the opportunity to slur our country any further....i do hope that Stefan would moderate all the posts on this forum.........the forum is for people who love Mauritius and i do commend Locallady to have given an objective view of an ex-pat living on the island. She is speaking as she finds and is not biased. I do hope that people reading these posts will conclude that Mauritius is just like any other country......the majority are decent citizens and there are a few who are deviants......i have ex-pat friends who are quite happy to live on the island and individuals like american ex-pat is the exception to the rule!
To rKennedy01 (alias leftright).....do not bother insulting me as i will not retort to your provocations! [cool5] :Q
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon blue sea » Sa Sep 18, 2010 6:42

To Ud, Gerard and Local lady
Thank you for all your comments to which I agree whole heartedly. I dont think I can add anything else, but to say to American Ex - Pat why have you stayed so long????
blue sea
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon leftright » Sa Sep 18, 2010 9:37

Gerard hat geschrieben: I would not give rkennedy01 and leftright ( who are obviously the same person )

No we're not, our writing styles, grammar and punctuation are completely different, although we do share a common trait, which is a high level of ethics. (I hope I'm not out of line Mr Kenedy by making that assumption and statement on your behalf).
Gerard hat geschrieben: I do hope that Stefan would moderate all the posts on this forum.........

So much for free speech. Your attitude towards free speech is very fascist, same as that little man that had that strange moustache under his nose.
You obviously don't understand the concept of free speech in a OPEN forum, but then I don't expect you to as you haven't evolved to understand what it really means, it's ok though there are others that do, I will fight for YOUR right to speak.

Here's a link with moving pictures to help you understand the consept of free speech.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 058958603#

Gerard hat geschrieben: the forum is for people who love Mauritius

*sigh*.
Really ?, I didn't realise that you are a Moderator here. Might I suggest you create your own PRIVATE forum or blog, and then moderate and sensor the posts to suit your world view.

stefan hat geschrieben: but please leave together [good]

UD, Stefan was being politely sarcastic, he wants You UD, and me, to "Foxtrot Oscar" from his forum, do you get it now UD ?
Stefan, my sincere apologies for dragging this out, but I guess the extra hits didn't do your site any harm [biggrin]

Sher Danke fur ihre geduld
leftright
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon ud » Sa Sep 18, 2010 14:02

Where did you read "leave" in his post leftright? What's your excuse of not misquoting people now, huh?

Maybe YOU should have gone to Specsavers!
Bild

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I now understand why you keep wrongly reading what people try to say in all the posts before...oh dear....nevermind trying to understand them....
ud

Beitragvon Gerard » Sa Sep 18, 2010 14:51

To leftright
I see that you are resorting to personal insults now to further your argument......it's you my friend who is acting like the "little man with the moustache"......bullying people to accept your views will never work.......yes, i am fully aware of the concept of free speech but there are limits on what you can say........you have to act in a civilised way and have a degree of respect and politeness towards other members using the forum........we do not have to accept the negative portrayal of our beautiful island.....i am sure that if somebody openly criticise your loved ones, you would react and defend them!!!!.....free speech does not make it right for you to personally ridicule and bully other members of the forum into agreeing with you and i do think that Stefan and all the other members would agree with me. I hope that Stefan will now intervene as a moderator and stop the abusive comments which is spoiling this popular forum which we do love and value highly. I will definitely not contribute any more to this topic and i am certain that everybody who have followed the debate will have reached their conclusions about the motives of rKennedy (leftright) and i would reiterate that if if he so unhappy, why do not relocate to a better country?.....he does not have to stay after all but i have this feeling that he will be unhappy wherever he goes!!!!!!!
Good day to you,
Gerard [bye]
Zuletzt geändert von Gerard am Sa Sep 18, 2010 15:20, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon gregjkel » Sa Sep 18, 2010 15:12

Hey

Just founfd this site, i am contemplating moving my family to mauritius, can you offer some feedback on the place besides the paradise, need primary and secondary schools for the children.

Regards
gregjkel
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English